Schmeisser 25 Cal.????

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by bside, Oct 16, 2008.

1. bside

bside New Member

I recently ran across a "Schmeisser" 25 cal (I believe) semi auto pistol in quite nice shape and seemingly well made. Can anyone tell me anything about this pistol as I have been unable to get any results searching the i-net. Any estimate of value would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

This ought to get you started...

(1) http://www.gunsamerica.com/97678588...les/TU-Misc-Rifles/HAENEL_SUHL_SCHMEISSER.htm

(2) http://www.phoenixinvestmentarms.com/638schmeisser.htm

(3) http://www.littlegun.be/arme allemande/a haenel schmeisser gb.htm

3. bside

bside New Member

Wow, you sure have a better search engine than I. Thanks much for the references. The one I saw is much like the units you pointed, except "Schmeisser" is written on the grips where just a monogram exists on the pictured units.

Thanks for the speedy response.

4. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

GLad to help!

5. bside

bside New Member

Now with Pictures

Bought the subject gun, it is marked Modell II and has the maker CG Haenel Buhl, Schmeisser's patent. It's small enough to hurt yourself with!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. bside

bside New Member

adding pics

Have purchased this SA and it has the following markings: "C.G. HAEMEL SUHL, SCHMEISSER PATENT" "MODELL II". Some photos are attached, hopefully. Can anyone add info based on the pics?.

Thanks again
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. bside

bside New Member

I keep trying to post a few photos and run into some kind of problem. Used photobucket and when I submitted it said something brief about review and consent before the pictures would post. I'll try attaching a couple of jpgs and see if that works.[​IMG]

8. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

As a new member, there is a delay when you attach images or links, it's a SPAM protection feature. If you want to add some more, just PM one of the mods and we will get it posted for you.

JD

9. wilbur

wilbur New Member

.25 C.G. Haenel

I have inherited the subject pistol. It was owned by Wilber Hansen of Racine, Wisconsin.

He was shot by the bank robber John Dillenger during a robbery in Racine Wisconsin ... the subject pistol was in his pocket according to a reliable source. Wilbur survived his wounds and lived a long and happy life.

I now have the pistol and would like to know its' value .... I probably will not sell it, but I think it is a little piece of history ... I will provide more info if anyone is interested.

Dan Thomsen
    703-779-7810