Scenario: Mass Invasion.

Discussion in 'Survival & Sustenance Living Forum' started by texaswoodworker, Sep 27, 2011.

1. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Ok, here's a SHTF situation for everyone. An enemy army has crossed the border into the US (does not matter which one). The military has their hands full defending DC, and other strategically important cities. There is little military involvement in your area and a small (around 50-100 infantry) part of the enemy's army is quickly approaching your town. A number of your friend, neighbors (about 100 people.), and family has looked to you for guidence. Will you fight or will you run? What weapons will you use. What will be your strategy for defending the town?:eek:

P.S. If you can hold out for 3-4 days, reenforcement from our military will arrive to help you.:D

Also, what would you do if it was just you and your family?

I have seen plenty of government break down and zombie/other apocalyptic scenario's but I don't think I have seen a invasion scenario. I'll be interested to hear what everyone would do in this situation.

I would probably decide to stay and fight. I would have all streets going into the town blocked. I would have snipers (basically anyone with a scoped rifle) posted at each blockade. When/if the enemy reached the blockade, I would have the snipers fall back into a second blocked area. Within this area, there would be several men from the town (women and children would be kept in the third blocked area for saftey) with semi autos/full autos to cut down the approching enemy force (they would also act as guerrilla fighters to slow the enemy down or completely prevent them from reaching the third blockade). If the enemy made it passed this point, Depending on how many of them/us was left, We would either launch a full out frontal assult or retreat.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
  2. wb_carpenter

wb_carpenter New Member

I am assuming the invading force is military therefor you will be fighting tanks,artillery, and aircraft with small arms.

My guess you don't have a town after the first shot is fired.

My tactic would be spread into 4-6 groups with scoped weapons and fight guerrilla warfare outside the town.

3. texaswoodworker

Yes, it is military, but only a small group. They have small arms but will not have any support from tanks, artillary, or aircraft. The rest of the enemy army will be fighting our military.

4. Jimmy

Jimmy New Member

Recon them first. Good to know for sure. If I gather 100 people to help me, I will IED the road they are on. Try to kill the head and cut off the tail and do our best to kill as many as we can in the middle. Then retreat if we have anyone left, or if the enemy is all dead. See if they want more....

Having said all that, I'm sure we would get our butts kicked, but what the....

Jimmy

Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
  5. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

I know my town better than a "visitor".

6. BigByrd47119

BigByrd47119 New Member

For the answer to this question, see "insurgence in Afghanistan & Iraq." The big difference? We will have 100 or so good guys coming to fight back in a few days. When they get there, me and my 100 (or so) will be ready to fight back from the inside.

P.S. The origin of the attacking army is very relevant IMO. Against France (for example) my approach would work well, against China....not so much.

7. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Invasion from France? I would ask my wife to demand their surrender while armed with a Mont Blanc pen.

Invasion from pretty much any other country? Lay low until reinforcements arrive.

No reinforcements coming? If they commence hostilities, then it's time to start guerrilla warfare, hit and run, IED's, etc.

8. BigByrd47119

BigByrd47119 New Member

Bingo!

France was just the scape goat for any other country likely to follow the "rules of war," i.e. no killing civilians intentionally, etc, etc.

9. trip286

trip286 New Member

IED's and guerrilla warfare until reinforcements arrive. Have to make sure of their indirect fire capabilities. If they have NO indirect fire capabilities, I think it would be feasible to allow them into the city and lure them into a good kill zone. If their are ANY indirect fire capabilities I would try my best to keep them away from the town. Remember, there are going to be women and children in town, and I've seen the grief of a mortar or rocket hitting a school or home by mistake, when it's been fired at the invading army.

10. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

Guerrilla warfare. Certainly not going to go head to head with a trained military force. But I think we could whittle them down quite a bit.

11. unclebear

unclebear New Member

Tanks can be disabled, artillery can be taken out, depending on the numbers and how long it will take the enemy to reach the town I would use as much time as possible preparing IED's and defense points, dig in, have several fall back positions just in case, and prepare for the worst. When the town is obviously lost we could use the cave system to escape from town in the surrounding woods and bug out to another preplanned fall back position where we'll regroup and make a better plan.

12. BigByrd47119

BigByrd47119 New Member

Lol! While I enjoy the enthusiasm, this is probably 99% unrealistic. This is the sort of thing that you might be able to attempt with 100 well prepared but under-armed recent military vets. Given the perfect scenario, it might just be crazy enough to work:cool:.

13. trip286

trip286 New Member

I'm not trying to disable any tanks or artillery with what we can only presume to be a bunch of regular joes (as per the situation given by the OP) with most likely a bunch of hunting rifles and maybe a few AR's, AK's, and SKS's. I think that a bunch of down home good ol' boys who probably stock the freezer with wild game would be best put to work by sniping and moving.

Just my opinion. Anyone who's ever been on the receiving end of sniper fire, even extremely inaccurate and ineffective sniper fire, will tell you how demoralizing it is.

14. TacticalPrecision

TacticalPrecision New Member

If there is only a small force coming..I could probably drop 100 or so by myself from over 800 yards away with my 6.8. I keep enough ammo and mags hanging around to do that on a short notice outing even. Even if I didn't have that I could do some massive damage with my Mosin or my 308 hunting rifle, wouldn't be nearly as fast firing but I could make it work.

Anything over 100 soldiers though, probably looking more into breaking out the can and doing some recon and psychological warfare over the couple days before reinforcements arrive, try to keep them in one place with some light fire. Maybe use my old radio equipment and make a dummy stand to put down some blind fire and a distraction for when I'm trying to pick people off.

I'm assuming I'll be alone but I know better honestly, there are atleast 3 people within 10 minutes of me capable and equipped to get out to 800+ with precision, another 4 out to 500. Several of them Ret. Military and ready to go. But I live in Kansas, everyone has guns and can shoot it seems. I could probably muster 50-100 people in less than an hr capable of putting lead downrange accurately.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2011
  15. Birchhatchery

Birchhatchery New Member

i see that this could probly happen economic collapse and we get invaded by other countrys or the new world order army

16. Cory2

Cory2 New Member

If the us military will be here in a few days then there is no reason to get any more civilians killed than necessary. Also, if that was the situation it would be very difficult to get the people to fight back anyway because they would want to wait on the military as well.

However, tanks are virtually useless against infantry in a city. as a matter of fact, tanks are big *** "please kill me" signs in cities, their mobility is gone. A tank without mobility is just a gun with a radio.... The key to engaging a military force is not through direct fire, it is through the proper application of explosives. Even the Afghani's know this. With the technology we have available to us in America and a little bit a know how, coordinated remote explosives through the use of a cellphone (talk to you HAM radio friends for help with this) would be highly effective in wiping out a patrol. Sacrificing a few buildings to take out the enemy is not a bad choice either. Using explosives to drop buildings in their path, or on them, or simply use the walls to hide explosives on the other side to wipe out infantry. A properly trained (traditional) military force is a very easy target as long as you do not engage them traditionally.

Of course, the smartest thing to do would be to leave the city at night before they get there. They would arrive, find no one and assume the us military had evacuated these people. Then you could move back into the city once they had left. If this was peformed across the country the enemy would run out of supplies and never actually gain any ground. Their supply lines would be strangled and over extended (Nazi Germany in Russia) and the us military could easily mop them up.

17. cameronguyton

cameronguyton New Member

I'm preparing by watching all the "Rambo" movies. I'm just going to do everything that Sly does. I think I should be able to take on a couple hundred invaders.

:D

18. texaswoodworker

Thats kind of what I was thinking. I think China would be the most likely country to invade. I think they are also one of the few countries that could get a large number of soldiers past our national defences and actually make it onto US soil. I see that as a major possibility in our future.

We should really keep our eyes (and a few nukes) on North Korea too. I think we will probably be in another war with them within the next 20-30 years.

I like the IED ideas. One thing that could be done with very few (if any) deaths on our side is sacrifice a small area of your town and city. Place a huge number of IEDs and explosives in building and next to the roads and lure the enemy into this area. Once the majority of the enemy is within the area, set them off all at once. Most of them will either be crushed, killed by the explosion, or hit by shrapnel. The rest will either not feel like fighting and retreat, or be easier to pick off. It will also act as a Psycological barrier. They will not know if the next area of the city is rigged or not so they will try to avoid entering the city.

19. Lessdragon

Lessdragon New Member

Libville

Well I live in one of the most liberal places imagenable so I would imavine that per 100 people in my area, maybe 10-15 have a gun and probably mostly pistols. Also where I live is hilly with lots of buildings by the highways. My plan would be to take some dirt bikes and quads and who ever has any kind of rifle or shotgun with slugs and go to the enemy while they are still in formation moving to our area. I'm not mil. trained, but I would assume that 50-100 mil personel would not be walking, they probably would be in some form of trucks that carry a lot of people. Sooo on the off chance that some one knows how to build explosives I would have them rig the road way with explosives set to go off at the first truck and two other places in the line. Then while the enemy is piling out of the trucks I would have everyone shooting at them with the more accurate people maybe shooting at gas tanks becuz they are usually exposed on larger vehicles. Also I wouldnt have my people grouped together. I would want them in as much of a circle around the enemy as possible, terrain permitting, probably with no more than 2 of my people together. Oh yeah there are also redwoods along most of the highway here too so I would fell them across to block the road maybe that will be what stops them as a distraction and then we set off the explosives. But the trees would have to be cut down in a way that it was not obviously done to slow down the enemy. If we didnt kill everyone, then repeat as necissary, preferably asap to minimize chance of them calling for reinforcements. Then I would take their weapons and supplies and either do the same to the other inroads or go up into the mountains.
    Is there any major holes in my plan?

20. mrm14

mrm14 Active Member

I'd probably exercise some of that Sun Tsu stuff on them.

During the era in which I grew up in, the cold war, my friend said if the Ruskies ever landed to just pack the invasion area chock full with all the free whores, booze and drugs known to man and let the enemy have at it. He figured most of them would defect pretty quick.:D

I think the same whacky idea would hold true now.:rolleyes::D