scatter gun sports

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by tonydewar, Jul 5, 2011.

1. tonydewar

tonydewar New Member

how about some input on the shotgun sports. trap, skeet ,sporting clays ect or are you all just into defence and assalt guns?

2. canebrake

canebrake New Member

How about some Urban Skeet?

Attached Files:

3. Virginian

Virginian Active Member

I like skeet and sporting clays, but I find trap boring. With trap you have to have the concentration and discipline to runs hundreds of rounds straight to win. But, any kind of shooting beats none.

4. mrm14

mrm14 Active Member

Kind of like the Beretta AL391 field / target 12 ga. with a 28" barrel I have now for skeet. It's got a good balance to it and is a pretty good gas gun for trap and skeet games. Have a older Mossberg 500 12 ga. with 34" barrel but like the gas gun better for the trap and skeet games.

Would like to get the new Browning 625 Citori XS Skeet model as years ago I had a Citori 425 which worked out extremely well for me when it came to skeet. I really miss the feel of a O/U shotgun and only have gas and pump shotguns now.

5. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

I love skeet and trap shooting. So far they're my favorite shooting sport, and I began my interest in shooting with going to a family skeet shooting event.

6. mrm14

mrm14 Active Member

You know the same here in regards as the most fun shooting sport I've ever done.

7. tonydewar

tonydewar New Member

sports

i might agree with virginian when i can run 100 strt if i cant beat it it aint boreing but sporting clays are the most fun ! shoot beretta 680 series my self(12 and 20) .Best club you have shot?my self bushycreek in perdido al (local) all time the willows tunica ms

8. Walley

Walley New Member

I love small bore skeet using both 410 and 28 gauge guns. We have a foot operated trap which I use to practice every chance I get. At 75 my eyes aren't as good as they once were but even though it has been years since I have had a clean round I still get out and do my thing. As far as the tricked out plastic stocked guns that most who post here seem to be in love with I wouldn't let one on my property. If it isn't blue steel and walnut stocked, preferably break action, I don't consider it a shotgun just a testosterone replacement for Rambo want-to-be fools.

9. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

I couldn't agree more. Nothing compares to wood and steel. I like my polymer firearms, but I love my wood and steel firearms just as much probably a lot more even.

10. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Walley, why don't you tell us how you really feel about those plastic fantastics. ;)

I guess asking you for your opinion about the KSG is out of the question. :confused:

Attached Files:

• ksg.jpg
      ksg.jpg
      File size:
      32.4 KB
      Views:
  11. JonM

JonM Moderator

wonder if you can take that rail off?? it would make one helluva a single use defensive car/truck shotgun not to mention home defense

12. Walley

Walley New Member

I have always felt that the free expression of ones beliefs is the essence of a forum such as this. When a moderator attempts to ridicule, in an offhand manner, an expressed opinion it is time for one to re-access the validity of said forum. Biased on the bias shown by this moderator I must now withdraw from further participation in FTF as this is now place for a shotgun pruist such as myself.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2011
  13. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Hey Walley, from one old guy to another older guy, see those little smiley faces?

It was a joke, just like the Kel-Tec shotgun.

To stop this right now, I apologize for my poor attempt at humor.

I respect your opinions and would miss your input here at the FTF.

14. tonydewar

tonydewar New Member

plastic

THANK YOU wally

15. tonydewar

tonydewar New Member

and this is to shoot?

16. wmille01

wmille01 New Member

I prefer something I can hunt with as well as defend my self, So I have a top folding stock on my remington 870 express