SBR

Discussion in 'NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion' started by jimogden1984, Aug 11, 2012.

1. jimogden1984

jimogden1984 New Member

Why is it illegal to own a sbr without the tax stamp? What's so bad about it?

2. opaww

opaww New Member

It has nothing to do with a product but rather it is about control of a free peoples to choose what they want to own.

3. bkt

bkt New Member

Why are suppressors also class iii devices? Don't look for logic and reason in gun control laws.

Nothing's bad about a SBR. Power and accuracy are reduced thus making it a less effective weapon than one with a longer barrel.

Read up on U.S. v. Miller. The NFA could have been declared unconstitutional in a heartbeat back in 1938 by the Supreme Court. Too bad the defendant's lawyer didn't bother to file a brief or even show up.

4. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

I can tell you why machine guns, SBR, silencers, and all other weapons are BAD in three words.

Franklin Delano Roosevelt.

European aristocracy roots, didn't believe that us "peasants" could ever be trusted.

5. levelcross

levelcross New Member

It is not about the guns...it's all about the control.

6. hmh

hmh New Member

Wondering could you buy a 10/22 charger and add a stock?

7. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Yes. Only after applying for and receiving a tax stamp for said SBR

8. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

By adding a shoulder stock to a handgun, you have MANUFACTURED a Short Barreled Rifle. Get the paperwork beforehand, or do 10 yrs Federal. Choose wisely.

9. Tedennis

Tedennis New Member

Especially since you just advertised your thought on a "watched" forum site...

Personally I would get the tax stamp. Cheapest NFA item by far.

10. hmh

hmh New Member

Informational purposes only. I do not have a charger. The next 10/22 I want is the takedown.