SBR Paperwork

Discussion in 'NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion' started by jeepcreep927, Feb 3, 2008.

1. jeepcreep927

jeepcreep927 New Member

I am wondering if someone can tell me EXACTLY what and how they filed the forms for a SBR? I checked the ATF website and found the appropriate form, but want to make sure it's correct. I have read that applications are denied for small reasons like sending in the form printed on two pages vs. one etc. and I want to avoid delays. Thanks.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2008
  2. hillbilly68

hillbilly68 New Member

Hey Jeep,
    PM Major Malfunction, he is well versed in CLs III and SBR process. He is a dealer (and my best bud from the army). He will be glad to help you out.

regards

3. sgnellett

sgnellett New Member

OKm noob question here, what's an SBR?

4. Righteous

Righteous New Member

short barreled rifle..less then 16"

5. sgnellett

sgnellett New Member

OK, noob follow up, doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of a rifle?

6. Righteous

Righteous New Member

works good as a CQB gun

7. sgnellett

sgnellett New Member

Not trying to be thick, but why is that any better than a .45, or a shotgun, up close?:confused:

8. Righteous

Righteous New Member

its not to me, just personal prefrence, only gain is more ammo

9. jeepcreep927

jeepcreep927 New Member

Even from a short barrel, 5.56 ballistics are better than pistol caliber. I am looking for manuverability and want to have the range and accuracy of a carbine. Despite it's shorter barrel, still better range and accuracy than a shotgun, that's all. For me, a short barrel carbine is far superior to a shotgun or handgun.

10. MAJ MALFUNCTION

MAJ MALFUNCTION New Member

JeepCreep,

I'm a Class 3 dealer - I can walk you through what "right" looks like. It would be WAY easier to do it over the phone, though.

Please go to my website: www.major-malfunction.com and use the contact phone number.

11. sgnellett

sgnellett New Member

So, are you guys talking about specific models of rifles? Does the SBR apply mainly to so-called "assault" rifles only?

12. Dgunsmith

Dgunsmith New Member

Sbr

Sporting firearms must 26" overall length and rifles must have a 16" barrel, shotguns a 18" barrel.
    SBR: Short barreled rifle..barrel under 16"
    SBS: Short barreled shotgun..barrel under 18"

Both are regulated under NFA : National Firearms Act and you pay a one time $ 200 transfer tax to own in a legal state.