SBR owners , please help

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by purehavoc, Apr 19, 2012.

1. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Ok after much research , I think I finally have the right paperwork filled out properly . I just want to make sure I have the paperwork filled out properly , I dont want to get it back disapproved because I forgot to fill something out correctly .
    it also states FBI form FD-258, Fingerprint Card . Do I really get fingerprinted for the SBR tax stamp ? Also looks like I need a recent picture to send with it . Anything I am missing besides the $200 check to go with it and my local sheriff signing off on it ?

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Yes, you really get fingerprinted.

3. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

Seeing how you are in the great state of IL, you may want to check your state laws. I don't think they allow any Class III weapons.

4. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I have already checked into all this , Im good as long as the rifle is over 26" long from end of barrel threads to extended stock it does not fall in the NFA category , it is 26.5" total barrel threads to extended stock length . My CLEO is going to sign off on it tomorrow and do the finger printing for me , then its off to the BATF for a few long months , mean while I will have to get my name , city and state milled into the receiver to be legal . Got some help over at arfcom from a few of the guys that have done it legally

5. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Man that 6 month wait is going to be a long time :(