Say it ain't so!

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by 1982flh80, Sep 25, 2011.

1. 1982flh80

1982flh80 New Member

RCBS.In my opinion, one of the top manufacturers of reloading equipment. Their latest single stage press the Rock Chucker supreme is a great design but have you heard where the frame which is cast iron is made? Thats right folks... CHINA! No joke, read this in an article in Shooting times a while back. The chinko castings are imported and the final assembly is made here. And this press is RCBS's high end unit! Don't get me wrong I own some RCBS components, mostly dies and have nothing but praise for them. But to import parts from chinkland really gripes my ass. Especially when msrp on this press is over $100.00. I'll bet Redding (numero uno IMO) still builds their stuff here. LEE Classic cast , Redding Boss and Big Boss, Lyman Crusher and CH4D are all AMERICAN made. Says so on the box.

2. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

What about Dillon Percision? Are they completely US made?

3. canebrake

canebrake New Member

I think before we go all USA on any company we need to look at who is using China as a parts source.

I think you (we) may all be surprised! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

4. Brother_COM

Brother_COM New Member

Man, if he can fit his Who-Ha in a 9mm hole, than his..... nevermind :eek:

His poor lady!:D

hee hee hee,
    Glen

5. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

No, Cane....No, I wouldn't. Every new car, TV, Microwave, Refrigerator, Bread Maker, Hot plate....everything has Chinese parts.

Even Treager grills are part manufactured in China and assembled in Oregon.

6. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

Yep, a 900.00 dryer, the part that failed was made in china. Took out all the electronics, also chinese made. To replace all the parts, my cost and time on-line was 400.00. We bought a 189.00 dryer and would rather replace a pos instead of rebuilding a pos. Same issues w/ car ignition systems, they fail. All the parts are Com-china imports. Even Mexican parts last the lifetime and beyond. We are the dumbest MF's on the planet!!

7. moneymaker17

moneymaker17 New Member

craftsman tools- made in china now. Its very depressing.
    im only buying things made in
    USA now. its hard but im sticking to my born in usa, made in usa, i buy mf-ing usa items to support usa!

8. wooleybooger

wooleybooger New Member

the USA is the worlds largest manufacturer of ---- paper clips! yes , we do still make a highly desired product,just not the one i expected. even Snap-On has gone to India.