Say hello to Nuke Boliek

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by JiroZero713, Apr 19, 2011.

1. JiroZero713

JiroZero713 Active Member

Just passed Nuclear Power School and now am set to work at Nuclear Prototype Training Unit for another 6 months.

Can't say I passed with honors but I passed so I don't give a fudge.

Now I've got to move off this base.

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

Congrats!!!!

3. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Well Done Jiro!! Hummmm!! Off base housing! Let us know what you find!! :D

4. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Congratulations Jiro, ya' done good. :)

5. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Active Member

Congrats Jiro! Good luck on finding cheap off base housing.

6. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Congratulations, Grasshopper. You done good!

Now, a serious moment. You are about to receive some career counseling, from a military senior (altho retired), so listen up, and be respectful.....

You are fully aware of the clearances that are required to work in your chosen field. What you may not FULLY appreciate is how quickly a clearance, a PRP, an access......... can evaporate like light frost before the morning sun.

Regretably, there have been numerous young men and women that find themselves experiencing liberty in their off duty times to an extent they have never had. Out of school, out of living in barracks, on their own- and they make a misstep, and trip BADLY. It may be booze, it may be choice of bedpartners, leading to a domestic situation that has police involved, it may be a roomy with drugs, that gets YOUR quarters searched, getting in debt and your CO is getting letters of indebtedness, etc etc ad infinitum.

Pay GREAT attention to the things that you need to do to continue to work in a field that requires GREAT trust in your ability and CHARACTER. Of course, for the folks no longer permitted to be in contact with those nice, clean, shiny, spotless nukes, I am sure there is a surly old Chief that needs someone to clean the bilges around the heavy fuel oil tanks.......

Do yourself a favor- print this- and put it where you can see it from time to time. And seriously- congratulations.