Say a prayer for Kye dog please.

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Samples.32, Apr 24, 2009.

1. Samples.32

Samples.32 New Member

Our three year old brindle boxer Kye is having some problems. She has gotten to where she wont hardly get up at all :( she sleeps all day. She wont look up when we get home (she used to jump all over the place) She no longer gets excited when I pick up the leash and she isn't even eating like she should anymore :(. We thought she was having a weight gain problem at first and kept changing her diet, but none of it worked now vets don't know what to think of it Our older dog Yeller just died and for some reason we think it might have had some major psychological influences on her :( she's just not the same Kye dog.[​IMG]

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

That sucks Samples - I am sorry to hear that. Here's hoping Kye starts feeling like herself again real soon. *hugs*

What is it with the dogs of the owners lately? We have had some real run of bad luck with our four legged friends. Someone said it was Obama's fault and I am starting to believe them....

Best of luck Kye!!

JD

3. Samples.32

Samples.32 New Member

Got her to eat some raw deer meat :D thats a start :) hope she is ok :/

4. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Hope kye feels better soon. Prayers are with you guys.

5. WomenofCaliber

WomenofCaliber New Member

I'm so sorry! I hope she begins feeling better soon!

6. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I hereby decree that Kye will be with you for many years to come!

There, that ought to do it. Best wishes. I agree it may be a grieving thing. Pack animals go through similar emotions as humans to a loss such as that.

7. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Kye has no doggie friends!! Time to get another pup! :D

8. Samples.32

Samples.32 New Member

actually we have a rott puppy that is her friend I hope she gets better soon :/ I hope it's nothing but a little depression.

9. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

I am so sorry to hear about your dog Samples. Of course Kye will be in my thoughts and prayers.

10. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Samples has she been to the vet?

From what you are saying it sounds like Hypothyroid to me. It could also be any of the tick born diseases or even heartworm. I would get her to the vet if you haven't already had them checked out. This doesn't sounds like a simple depression to me.

11. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Best wishes, kind thoughts and prayers for Kye.

12. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

Hope Kye gets better soon.

:(

13. WDB

WDB New Member

I'm with Tango, Kyle should see a vet, it sounds like a little more than depression.

Our thoughts and prays will be with Kyle, btw that is a truly nice looking pup

14. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

How's kye doing today?

15. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Got a PM for Samples, her dog Kye is doing better.

16. freefall

freefall New Member

+3 on dunerunner. Get her a puppy. Or get her bred if still a possibility. Nothing like a little one to take your mind off an absent one.

17. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

That has to be the dumbest statement I have ever seen on her. My dog has problems so I am going to breed her. HAVE YOU BEEN TO A SHELTER EVER? In three years as a vet tech in a small facility for the ARMY at Fort Dix I put to death over 3000 cats and 2000 dogs. Many of them dogs were good dogs just to old for people to adopt.

If your dog is not a true AKC registered champion or breed champion then you need to get your dog fixed. Getting a dog fixed reduces the risks of many different types of cancers, and increases their life by years.

I am very anti backyard breeders. The only thing you people do is create a problem that some one else has to fix.

Look at JD's dogs these are high quality dogs that have had the best care and the parents are dogs that produce quality pups. Do you know how to tell if a GSD is going to produce pups worthy of $3000? Are you going to spend the money to get the mother and father DNA tested Hips and Elbow x-rayed. Breeding dogs is not a big money maker.

The military tried to become a breeder in the early 70's yah every dog they breed they ended up killing because they all were inbreed and ended up have so many problems it was not funny.

Leave the breeding to the people who know what the hell they are doing. Just because you have 5 kids doesn't mean your an expert at breeding.

18. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

The captain is right. Overly exuberant, but right. All my pets are rescues. As much as I love the pure bred shepards I grew up with, I just can't stand to see so many good dogs get killed.

19. Samples.32

Samples.32 New Member

Well, as you have all found out Kye is doing much better. She is now waking us up in the morning again for work which makes us both very happy :D and she is eating ok. We did take her to the vet and when the vet couldn't figure it out that was when we began to worry. Unbelievably dogs do get depressed just like humans lol and she watched old yeller die :( and layed beside him the whole time. Kye is CKC and AKC registered, but she is fixed because we have found that boxer females tend to live longer if they don't have a litter of pups tp tend to. Much thanks to all of you for the prayers adn concerns if anything else happens I will notify everyone.

20. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Excellent. Thanks for the update. :)