My brother-in law inherited 2 guns from his Grandfather; a model 56 savage 12 ga and a 22 Ranger. The shotgun had camo tape on it that he removed leaving the dried on hardened glue that covered the gun completely. The stock was beat up pretty bad and the action was almost impossible to cycle. He was going to trash both guns but I told him I'd clean them up for him. After trying to remove the glue with everything including Goo-Gone, thinner and everything under the kitchen sink, I used stripper and dish soap and water. It took about 1/2 hour to do the entire surface. The bluing surprisingly is about 95%. It had a recoil pad that was 1/8 inch too big all the way around with Gorilla glue that it was put on with pertruding over the already oversized recoil pad. I had to destroy the pad to get it off. The origional screw holes for the butt plate were stripped out and enlarged so I drilled them to 1/4 " and epoxied dowells in to redrill and apply a new pad. I removed all the dents and dings I could with Bondo (No my name isn't Bubba) then sanded the butt and the recoil pad to fit. Rustoleum has a dark gray texture paint I have had real nice results with, The stock is now dark gray. I broke the gun down and thoroughly cleaned it to get the action working like new. I reassembled it and called my B-I-L to pick it up. When he arrived it was on the table with 2 other guns and he about crapped himself when I told him it was his. I was totaly happy and surprised as he was it came out so nice. The whole process took about 4 hours including drying time. The ranger is next! Sorry I didn't do before and after pictures.