savage vs marlin

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by bigdaddy573, Feb 22, 2012.

1. bigdaddy573

bigdaddy573 New Member

Alright guys what do u think is better out of any model savage and any model marlin so let the FRENDLY war begin:)

2. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

I have one of each, and like both. Marlin is going through a few pains during this long buy-out process with Remington.

Since Savage isn't in the lever-action market, can you really compare the two?

3. bigdaddy573

bigdaddy573 New Member

See I love savage I grew up with them Remington and Winchester but I hate marlins cuz every one of them I have shot had problem but the model 60 was never cleaned so I don't blame it for the problems and they don't fit me like the others do

4. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

You have never shot an x7 or any well taken care of marlin either.

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

5. bigdaddy573

bigdaddy573 New Member

Ya the 336 was very taken care of and it still was messing up so that made me look the other way from them

6. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Ya and i explained that

7. bigdaddy573

bigdaddy573 New Member

And that's y I will stick with the model 94 lol

8. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Still a 30-30

9. bigdaddy573

bigdaddy573 New Member

10. cottontop

cottontop Guest

IMO, the Marlin 7LX is a better gun than the Savage Axis (whatever "better" means).
    cottontop

11. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Your opinion bud

12. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

The only Marlins that I have owned were rimfires,and they were all older models.They were all very good guns.

I've never shot the Marlin Bolt Action centerfire rifle,so I don't have an opinion of them.
    I do own 6 Savage rifles,and they are some of the most accurate rifles that I own.

13. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

the Savage Axis rifles are decent and accurate rifles, but i prefer the Marlin X7 rifles better. i like the Winchester M94 in 30-30 and i have one, but the Marlin lever actions are more robust and some are made to handle much larger calibers than the Winchester. i do like the Winchester's looks better, but that is just me being nostalgic. i own several of the Marlin's, three in the X7 series, 308, 25-06 and a 7mm-08 and a M60. all are very capable rifles and perform very well and trouble free. i do own one Savage, a M93r17 in 17 hmr that is very, very accurate.

14. JSDenson07

JSDenson07 New Member

Savage's axis is a cheap, disappointing rifle considering savage's history and other guns I.e. the entire 12 line. It only has a two stage safety instead of the three stage mauser style safety we have all come to know and love on savages. The "synthetic" feels more along the line of plastic(reminiscent of remingtons 770 *another rant all its own*) they aluminum bed the action and do not free float the barrel. A grainy action and cheap powder coat, not even a true blue, means for the extra 50$ you would be a fool not to buy the 111/11. Now on to the xl7/ xs7. A smooth action sub moa out of the box(@100yrds) a nice( not great but nice finish) and crisp trigger pull brought together in a cost friendly package..its a great gun nuff said. Now this being said I still enjoy a great savage any day just not the axis.

15. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Thats my feelins exactly

16. Muliemaster

Muliemaster New Member

Ahhh huuuuuhhh marlin of course is that even a question

17. Muliemaster

Muliemaster New Member

I took my x7 270 off the stock, hand polished the barrel an action with 0000 steel wool, bingo we have a great blu now its easy an under that kinda dark bluing, its cryin for it

18. bigdaddy573

bigdaddy573 New Member

See I love my axis I do wish the stuck was stiffer like my 110 but it is a budget rifle so not every thing is going to be perfect like there high dollar gun and they r just has accurate as there other guns

ForumRunner_20120222_212958.jpg

and u pulled the last two shots

19. JSDenson07

JSDenson07 New Member

I mean I hate to put down the axis so much but its just not a contender in the race.. Now lets put the 111 or 110 savage against a remington 700 there's a debate or a model 94 winchester vs a marlin 336.

20. bigdaddy573

bigdaddy573 New Member

Thats y I said any model from savage or Marlin Remington will smoke any savage or Marlin In my opinion lol