Savage not liking CCI ammo

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by hareebrownbeest, Nov 13, 2013.

1. hareebrownbeest

hareebrownbeest New Member

I have a Savage FV-SR (bolt action) and it will not eject CCI ammo. Does anyone else have this issue? Rifle only has maybe 1000 rounds through it. Everything else I've tried works fine.

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Does the round extract from the chamber?

Would start with a GOOD cleaning of chamber, bolt face with attention to extractor/ ejector.

3. hareebrownbeest

You know i was reading about the "stinger" rounds. Thats what i was using. I should have been clear on that. I guess its slightly longer than a normal shell, or so i read. Maybe thats why the shells would not eject.

4. Mercator

Mercator New Member

No, the bullet is smaller, so the overall cartridge is normal length. Stinger should work fine in an MKII. Rule out a sticky chamber. Scrub the rifle clean, and give the box of Stingers a tiny puff of RemOil. See if it helps any.

5. hareebrownbeest

6. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

Brass is a little longer and can get jambed up after lots of normal length ammo. Kinda like 357 ammo after lots of 38sp. Clean the chamber and give it a little polishing with a metal polish on a cotton patch a\wrapped around brush and chucked up in a battery drill. Go slow for no more than 30 seconds and clean well. Your rifle will be more accuarate with standard velocity ammo of a bit better quality . wold/sk federal cci standard or green and other match 1080fps range and less. Specially when distances get over 85 to 90 yards as stinger ammo will go back below sub-sonic levels and becomes unstable. Accuracy takes a dump then. We have a fv-sr in a boyds stock that good for 3/8" at 50 yards.

7. hareebrownbeest

Nice, yeah i gotta polish it up s bit. Its fairly new too so it needs to be broken in yet. I love the rifle regardless:)

8. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

1000 rounds should have the barrel more than broke in. But the rest can allways be in need of some detailing. I have one of those cheap dental pick sets you can buy in cheap tool stores. Cut of the sharp end from one of the picks that curls around the most and smooth it up and radius the edges. Use it dry or with a cotton patch to get into the tight spots like the slots in the barrel where the extractors fit and the extractor hooks , corners of the breach face. good luck