Savage Model 99 in 300 savage

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by awaysaway, Oct 2, 2012.

1. awaysaway

awaysaway New Member

I have a chance to pick one up on the cheap. Just wondering what value it might carry. It's in great condition. Not sure of the age (30-40 years old?)

2. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

In good shape I see them for $400-460. They were great guns. LGS has a nice one in 250-3000/250 Savage at $460.

3. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

Excellent arm that is outta production. Fine round, like a .308, that is still in production but you won't find it in every small gun store every time -- your (grand)kids will have to reload for it. Cheap? What the heck!

4. awaysaway

awaysaway New Member

Sounds like I'll pick it up tomorrow then. I reload so ammo shouldn't be too bad.

5. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

OK, but afterwards you'll have to post pics and tell us how much... or it didn't happen and so we can be jealous.

6. cottontop

cottontop Guest

This is a great rifle in a great caliber. There are many of them out there and ammo is still loaded for it. Reloading is a good thing but factory ammo will still be available for many years to come. This is a much better lever action and cartridge than the M94 .30-30. In fact, as far as accuracy and power, there is no comparison.
    cottontop

7. awaysaway

awaysaway New Member

Sorry, but I ended up passing on it. An older lady was selling off her dead husbands guns. I was thinking about reselling it to make some extra cash. It was in such good condition it was hard to pass it up.