Savage model 93G .22WMR

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by oneolevet, Jan 18, 2010.

1. oneolevet

oneolevet New Member

my little family of 22 calibers is all Marlins. I guess because my dad gave me a model 39A years ago and it has been a good one. But yesterday at a gun show I traded for a new Savage model 93 22 mag. How about these Savages? I plan to scope it this week for these old eyes. I grew up a shotgunner and now in my senior years am picking up the 22's. just love to target and plink. Let me hear from some Savages.

2. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

The Savage 93 is a great rifle. I know a few guys w/ them. I spent $375.00 many years ago on an A-bolt Gold medallion, other wise I would have taken a serious look at the Savage when it came out. The big thing is .22WMR. It is capable of 3/4" 5 shot groups at 100 yards. I have bought the 30..33gr plastic tipped bullets, but always go w/ 38gr CCI MaxiMag HP's. I have 5 boxes of BT bullets and have not fired 1 round w/ them. If you really want to get everything out of the cartridge a good scope would be in order. JP