Savage model 93 stock

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by Copeman60, Jan 10, 2014.

1. Copeman60

Copeman60 New Member

I recently picked up a savage model 93 17 hmr with the normal barrel. The gun has a cracked stock but the gun itself is in good condition so it was worth the 50 bucks. I've searched every website that I know of an can't seem to find a stock. There our plenty of stocks for the model 93 heavy barrel but that does me no good. If anyone knows of a company that makes after market stocks for this rifle please help!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Firearms Talk mobile app

2. jon1992d

jon1992d New Member

How bad is it? Got any pictures?

3. Copeman60

Copeman60 New Member

I'm at work but it can't be fixed. it's a clean break right behind the trigger guard. Just can't find a stock anywhere..

4. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Assuming you have a 93R, one of our sponsors- and members here on FTF is Boyds' Gunstocks. Look on the right sidebar, you can click their logo.

They have a pretty damn snazzy skeletonized stock for the 93R- with ANY barrel, $99.

5. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Check with Savage. You should be able to get an F (plastic) or G (birch) stock from them. The G will require a trigger guard but your mag well plate should work. Otherwise Boyds.

6. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i highly recommend the Boyd's as well. my Savage M93r17 is wearing a nutmeg laminate and for the price, i couldn't be happier with it. the Boyds fits me much better now with a more acceptable LOP more suited to an adult. it is much more solid and better made than the stock synthetic one that came on mine. i am pretty sure the Boyd's will be cheaper than a factory laminate stock for that rifle too.

7. Copeman60

Copeman60 New Member

Do u have the heavy barrel JTJ?

8. gunny91

gunny91 New Member

I have never herd of Boyds ill have to keep them in mind everyone here seems to say there really good stock can u pick like what u kind as far as color or type? Do they wood and synthetic stocks?

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Firearms Talk mobile app

9. Axxe55

Boyd's Gunstocks is a vendor on this forum as well. they do laminated and walnut stocks. no synthetic stocks that i know of.

10. gunny91

gunny91 New Member

Ok I was just wondering im not a big synthetic stock fan anyway

11. Copeman60

Copeman60 New Member

The synthetic stocks from savage r garage. Very weak an flimsy around the barrel..

12. gunny91

gunny91 New Member

Yea I have noticed ..that's why I like wood stocks better

13. Axxe55

my biggest issue with the factory Savage synthetic stock wasnot it being flimsy, but being short in the LOP for me. i felt more like i had a youth gun than one for an adult. the Boyd's laminated fixed that problem. that was one reason i wnated to try the Boyd's, because i could have added a longer recoil pad to a wood stock easier than the synthetic stock to lengthen the LOP if needed. but it wasn't needed. the stock as it came was very close to perfect in fitting me. now i don't feel like i am shooting a child's gun.

14. Copeman60

Copeman60 New Member

Yea only problem with Boyds is the stock I want for the 93 savage isn't in stock.

15. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

It usually only takes a couple weeks to get one that's out of stock if you order it.

16. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

Boyd's makes all of savage /stevens wood stocks all ready so pick the style you like and color and buy away.
    You have been give a LINK already , use it.

17. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

I replaced the stocks on my wife's MKIIFV and my grandosn's MKIIFVT with Boyds stocks. I had to shorten and reshape the cheek piece my wife's stock and inlet the grandson's stock for the receiver sight so I went with unfinished. I complained to Savage about the plastic stocks being designed for standard irons and not scopes or higher receiver sights so they sent me new bottom metal for both. I made a cheek piece out of Kydex for my MKIIFVSR.

Attached Files: