savage model 64

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by bigErc, Feb 11, 2012.

1. bigErc

bigErc New Member

what do you guys think of the savage 64? its cheap and semi auto.

2. ttdub

ttdub New Member

I don't know enough to give an opinion, but cheap is not always good (usually bad).

3. TooStrongTerry

TooStrongTerry New Member

I've heard marlin 795s are better and they r even cheaper

@TooStrongTerry

4. bigErc

bigErc New Member

I am thinking now about a mossberg 702 plinkster. its about $100 new.

5. bigErc

bigErc New Member

actually it will be $180 plus tax from the shop here so I will be going to a different shop with my uncle and buy a cheap used semi auto .22 and be set until I get the money then I will either get a semi auto .12 gauge or a pump action .12 gauge.

6. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

i own one. the trigger is not the best no where near matchgrade. but for plinking and hunting its fine. mine's accuracy has gotten better each time ive taken it out. and ive found it really loves the winchester ammo.

Attached Files:

7. bigErc

bigErc New Member

I will be getting a mossberg 715t soon but until then I am looking for a cheap used .22 cal semi auto rifle. anybody on here from around albion,Illinois with one they want to sell cheap? let me know.

8. TooStrongTerry

Everytime u post saying "I'm gonna get this..." its a new gun lmao. Can't make up your mind? The beauty with. 22s is that they are cheap and u can just buy a differrnt one lol

@TooStrongTerry

9. TooStrongTerry

How r the stock iron sights? Can u adjust rear ones left to right or just height?

@TooStrongTerry

10. jon1992d

jon1992d New Member

My first ever gun. Gotta say i love everything about it :) it was cheap and ive had it for over a year with not one problem yet and it shoots every weekend. It works great with and ammo even though i kill it with remington.

ForumRunner_20120215_014322.jpg

11. bigErc

bigErc New Member

I like the look of the mossberg 715t . I want a cheap .22 cal semi auto rifle until I save the money to buy the 715t. :)

12. unclebear

unclebear New Member

I just got a Savage 17HMR Bull Barrel there two stage trigger, bolt action, with the scope I have on it I have no problem putting 5 shots in a penny size groups but I still need a better 3-9 to really shoot any farther. I only paid $250 something for it, the same place I bought mine from had a bull barrel 22lr, with tac railing, a threaded bull barrel, two stage trigger, and a bolt action for I think around $270 also a savage. I don't know who much you where really planning on paying for a 22 or if your interested in bolt action but just something to think about.

13. TooStrongTerry

The look is the only good thing about that gun. Get the m&p 15-22 if your gonna get an AR lookin rifle. Mossburg is a B*TCH to clean.

@TooStrongTerry

14. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

idont know,, came with the scope and i jusy never fiddled with em

15. Scratchammo

Scratchammo New Member

I killed a bunny with one, also a reliable shooter. Not the most ambidextrous gun though. If my memory is correct it has the same rifling as the 10/22.

16. bigErc

bigErc New Member

I just bought my first gun today gonna go pay for it tomorow. its an armscor semi auto .22 cal rifle.

17. jon1992d

jon1992d New Member

Congrats make sure you put a picture up and give us a range report bud :)

18. bigErc

bigErc New Member

I'm not getting the armscor, its not american made and I have heard it ain't that good. I got the money now and I am going to the shop tomorow and have them order me a mossberg 715t .22 cal semi auto tactical rifle with a 25 rd clip.

19. Scratchammo

Scratchammo New Member

I just cleaned my step brother's 64 today. The stupid sob left it in a truck box for months. It had sand & grit in the action but cycled just fine. I cleaned it in & out with Aero Kroil, starting fluid, & lubed it up. People that neglect their guns piss me off.