Savage model 64

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by new_girsan_1911, Jul 24, 2014.

1. new_girsan_1911

new_girsan_1911 New Member

I want to get a wood stock for this gun I got from a buddy and replace the plastic one. Any ideas?

2. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

try out Boyd's Gun Stocks. they carry a few different laminated stocks for that rifle. i have bought two of their stocks for a couple of rifles, and i am very pleased with the product, the price and the shipping times.

Boyd's is also a vendor here on FTF, and here is a link to their website. they carry a few different versions that will fit your rifle.

http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/product.htm?pid=104617&cat=1216

3. new_girsan_1911

Thanks axxe been a while. My last phone was old and wouldn't update the newer version of the app so I have been m.i.a. for a bit.

4. Axxe55

glad you're back!:D

hey, pictures of that Savage 64 please!:D

i have been highly recommending the Boyd's stocks, because i feel they offer a quality product at a decent price.

one rifle i restocked with a Boyd's Rimfire Hunter laminated stock, was my Savage M93r17. when i bought that rifle about ten years ago, they didn't offer it in a wood or laminated at that time with the heavy barrel, only a factory synthetic stock. i loved the rifle, but hated the factory stock. it was like a totally different rifle after using the Boyd's. LOP was much longer, which made the rifle fit me much better. before, it was almost like shooting a youth's rifle. it was also the first one i bought from them. i do have a couple more rifles that will be restocked in the future with Boyd's stocks.

here is the thread, showing my Savage before and after the stock replacement......

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f35/savage-m93r17-makeover-60045/

5. new_girsan_1911

That is a sweet looking rifle not bad with the old one either but that new one just set it off. Here is my savage I'm thinking of going with the pepper colored stock.

Attached Files:

6. new_girsan_1911

Got the new stock in today thanks for the help axxe

Attached Files:

7. Axxe55

you're welcome! glad i could help you out.

i see you went with the Evolution stock. very nice indeed!:D:D

8. new_girsan_1911

Yeah its a lil flashy but I liked the grip on it and it fits the rifle a lil better.

9. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

That is nice! See how come they have all these great stocks for 10/22 and 64F but not one darn cool lookin stock for my poor lil Mossberg 702...

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

10. new_girsan_1911

Dr. Football here ya go

Attached Files:

11. DrFootball

Dude! You just gave me a palpitation and a woody at the SAME TIME!!!! It was almost like the first time my cousin Played me Fragile by Yes with headphones on, in the summer of 72,... I asked them 6 months ago and they didn't have anything for the 702!!!!! If I didn't just get a crossbow and need more bolts and a practice target that would be on order!!! As it is I may have to not by any ammo next month to afford that!!!

12. Axxe55

Dr. Bill, Boyd's is constantly adding to their inventory by adding new models all the time. as well as adding new options to what they already carry. they are also a vendor here on FTF.

i highly recommend them and others do as well. i doubt you would be disappointed with buying one for your Mossberg.

the Evolution stock looks rather unconventional, but i had a chance to shoot TXhillbilly's 10/22 that had the same stock. it's amazing how comfortable that stock is to shoot with.

13. new_girsan_1911

Dr. Just thank axxe55 cuz I did as you did looked before on Boyds and they didn't have the savage 64 then asked on here and axxe pointed me right to it, I just did the same for you and low and behold they make it now.

14. DrFootball

Axxe already gets thanks from me on a few things here. But Thx to you as well NG,..I was orig. Going to make the 702 "Tacticool" with 2 cans of Dura coat I bought. Now I like that thumbhole stock a lot better. I guess I'll have to use that TruGlo prismatic on something else, because that stock cries out for a nice Nikon P-22!!!

15. Axxe55

thanks Dr. Bill!:D

one thing i like about the Boyd's website is that you can input your information and it will pull up all the stocks that are available for your model of gun.

http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/