savage model 112 22-250?

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by jeep6410, Jun 2, 2012.

1. jeep6410

jeep6410 New Member

just bought a model 112 in 22-250 for $375. anyone have any experience with one of these guns? are they any good as far as accuracy and distance? i will be using it for groundhogs and other varmits. just wanna know if i got a good gun. thanks :D

2. jeep6410

jeep6410 New Member

also would like to know if it has an adjustable trigger...

3. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

If it's a model 112,it's an older model Pre-Accutrigger with a long action and a plastic magazine block for a short action caliber.They are excellent rifles,and should be very accurate,as long as the throat of the chamber isn't shot out.Even if it is,a replacement barrel isn't a big deal,and easy to change with a couple simple tools.
    Most older models have an adjustable trigger,or you could put an aftermarket trigger in for under $100.

Savage rifles are like adult Lego systems,they can be changed or made into whatever you want really easy.

4. Intheshop

Intheshop New Member

Nice rifle/calibre.Got one here.

The 22-250 can be a real accurate round.Think they even spent some time in benchrest back in the early days?Just be careful with hot loads and maybe more importantly,your rate of fire.IMO,they're about on par with .243's as far as being Brrl burners.

Gotta say,I like the cal. better than our .223's.Its VG for hogs out to 300 yds or so.After that we usually grab a 6mm or .243.

I've got a straight 6X scope on ours......usually something a bit higher pwr is warrented.4X14,or 6X18 works nicely with a 250.Good luck.