Savage Model 10FCP-k ammo suggestions?

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by RENAGADE9, Oct 2, 2010.

1. RENAGADE9

RENAGADE9 New Member

Could any one tell me what bullet this weapon was designed for? I have tried a few different rounds but I have found no consistency. There are many rounds out there. I would like to see if any one else has had the same problem and if any one gas found the round this weapon likes the best.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2010
  2. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

What round is the rifle chambered for? 308 Win or .223 Rem?

Also, posting in these areas may get you a better response. ;)

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/
    [​IMG]
    http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/

3. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

I'll take it you have a 308 caliber rifle.It has a 1-10 twist,so you can shoot just about any 308 caliber bullet through it.
    I handload 15 different types of bullets for my .308 caliber rifles from 150gr to 210gr.It will shoot all of them good,and some great.

If it is a 223,it will have a 1-9 twist and will shoot bullets up to 75gr.

4. RENAGADE9

RENAGADE9 New Member

The Modle 10 FCP-K if chanberd in 308

I ave tried a few in thr 180gr and have no consistancy. I have been swabing the barrel about every 5 shots with no luck in getting a three dound grouo

[/I]

5. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

Is the gun Copper Fouling? If the patches are blue in color after you run them through the bore-That's copper in the bore.
    If it is copper fouling,you will get inconsistent groups.

If the gun is new,it might take some time to break it in. I have a 25/06 that gave me alot of problems with copper fouling,and I ended up shooting a set of Tubb's Final Finish bullets through it,and that has helped the problem.

I have the same gun that you have without the muzzlebrake,and it shoots great,but the barrel needs to be broke in properly.