Savage MKii FV-SR

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by g17frantz, Apr 23, 2013.

1. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

Hey fellas, did a little Work to the MKii over the wknd, anyone else here have the same gun? How far have you shot? Reliability issues? I've owned mine for about 6 months 1000+ rounds, no issues, fed everything I've thrown at it. The most accurate round I've shot is the standard velocity CCI. 125 yds is as far as I've been able to shoot and I was hitting a clay dead center consistently. This is the most current pic I have since the paint job with a couple of other toys.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
  2. JonM

JonM Moderator

ive got one to run supressed. its a sweet little rifle. quiet as hell.

3. BillM

BillM Active Member Supporter

I've got one . Liberty Kodiak TL can on it, it likes Aguila sub-sonics.
    Crazy quiet.

4. ohdeegeeohdee

ohdeegeeohdee New Member

Mine seems to shoot Standard Velocity CCI, Winchester Super X, and RWS Target best. The RWS stuff runs kinda dirty and seems to require more cleaning for the gun to remain accurate but shoots lights out.

Attached Files:

5. DTOM97

DTOM97 New Member

What method did you use to paint it?

6. pranc2

pranc2 New Member

Spray paint..

Looks awesome man! What kind of groups u holding at 125yards?

7. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

The ole rattle can... little prep Work too like I would with duracoat; minor sand blasting. Rustoleum camo

8. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

Well I don't shoot paper that far so I dunno. I was at the time just placing clays in random places out in the field from 75 all the way to 125. Hit 2 full mags, a 5 round and 10 round all 15. The ones that didn't break all the way which was a couple were close to dead center

9. longunner

longunner New Member

Nice toys! Paint jobs look great on both of them

10. DTOM97

DTOM97 New Member

Did you use a clear matte finish in the end? And also what exacly did you sand down and do I have to sand it or can I just go ahead and paint it?

11. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

The paint will adhere better with a roughed up finish. I blasted mine at about 50 psi with some aluminum oxide. Not sure what grit to use with sandpaper, I'd even recommend getting a non soap SOS pad and lightly scouring it. And also like with duracoat, get some acetone and wipe it down good to get any oils off the surface when you're done. And yes I did use a clear matte, That was with krylon