savage mark II

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by savageman97, Dec 15, 2012.

1. savageman97

savageman97 New Member

Hey i recieved this rifle as a gift from my grandfather a few years back and i know its a savage mark II but thats about it and i was wondering if anybody could give me the specifics on it?

2. racer_x

racer_x New Member

Not real sure what your after other then its worth is about 100 bucks ive got one the bolt alone is worth more then the rifle

3. JonM

JonM Moderator

They are pretty accurate 22's that can handle shorts cb long and long rifle ammo just fine. One of the better bang for the buck 22lr bolt guns out there

4. racer_x

racer_x New Member

Ya Jon your right the bang for the buck

But my henry is where its at for me an 10/22

5. savageman97

savageman97 New Member

Sorry i meant to attach these pictures. I wanted to know wich reciever this is

ForumRunner_20121214_225554.jpg

ForumRunner_20121214_225544.jpg

6. racer_x

racer_x New Member

looks like a xt verision to me im sure im wrong

7. mrt8110

mrt8110 New Member

Well I for one will give you at least a hundred for it. That rifle has an accutrigger which is adjustable. It shoots the .22 long rifle only. It is a very accurate rifle. Enjoy, you will find you will not be able to find another .22 as accurate as yours for the money. Enjoy it, I know U will.:)Cliff

8. Vincine

Vincine New Member

9. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

If it has the plastic stock and heavy barrel it is a MKII FV. If it has the light barrel with iron sights it is the F. Boyds makes some very nice stocks for them. Here is a picture of my wife' FV in one of Boyds stocks that has been shortened for her.

Attached Files:

10. savageman97

savageman97 New Member

How can i tell which reciever it is tho

11. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

The MKII receivers are the same only the barrels and furniture have been changed.

12. savageman97

savageman97 New Member

I heard there were "e recievers" and just regular recievers

13. Jeff56

Jeff56 New Member

It's just a matter of how old the rifle is which receiver it is. Yes there are E receivers and the so called old receivers. You can find a list of the differences between them on this web page. There was no great advantage of the E receiver. Savage was using them on the 93's already and they just decided to put the same receiver on all their rimfire rifles. The main difference you would notice is the E receivers are drilled and tapped for scope mounts while "most" of the old ones weren't.

14. savageman97

savageman97 New Member

Ok thanks. My grandpa bought it used a couple years back and the gunshop didnt tell us much about it.