Savage mark ii fv?

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by sharpshtr, Sep 13, 2012.

1. sharpshtr

sharpshtr New Member

Is it a good gun? Really liking it. How's a price of 255 sound? Thinking of getting it tomorrow

2. shooter88

shooter88 New Member

I had one it was a great gun i regret trading for but im gonna get another one soon...mine brandnew was about $130

3. sharpshtr

sharpshtr New Member

You paid 130 for the savage mark ii fv with bull barrel? Where in the hell did you get that deal?

4. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i have the M93R17, which is basicly the same action. mine has the heavy varmint barrel and i paid about $270 for mine about eight years ago as a combo deal with a 3-9x40 scope. they are very good rimfire rifles, accurate and well made.

due to the only flaw i had with mine, i restocked mine with a Boyd's laminate stock, which gave me a longer LOP than the factory synthetic. also when i bought mine, laminated stocks were not available on the heavy varmint barreled versions. with the Rifle Basix sear and the 6-18x40 scope on it, it can be a heck of a tackdriver at 100 yrds.

5. shooter88

shooter88 New Member

Im sorry i missed the fv...(foot in mouth)... mine was a regular mark II

6. sharpshtr

sharpshtr New Member

Okay nvm then. But still 130 is cheap for that gun. I was seeing it without accu trigger for 189.99 and with it 209.99. So 130 is a pretty good price

7. shooter88

shooter88 New Member

Yes mine did have the accu trigger also... i never shoulda let that gun go i put about $200 extra into it it lookes like a small sniper rifle

8. sharpshtr

sharpshtr New Member

Yeah I can believe. One thing my dad told me was to never ever sell guns. AsI'm 20 now ( he knows they do dumb stuff ) as he sold a 270 bdl for almost nothing and he did it at my age and he regrets it like crazy. I won't ever get rid of a gun

9. shooter88

shooter88 New Member

Yes im 24 and thats the only gun ive ever gotten rid of and the last one...big mistake

10. sharpshtr

sharpshtr New Member

Yeah I can believe it. I don't think I could get rid of a 22....they are so cheap

11. shooter88

shooter88 New Member

Yes sir and great guns

12. sharpshtr

sharpshtr New Member

Yes your right. Hard to beat them

13. Longrange

Longrange New Member

I have 2 Savage mkII's, both are fvxp models. Very accurate out to 200 yards. Both have the accu trigger and bull barrel. For the money they can't be beat IMO. My first has about 3500 rounds through it, the one I just bought is going to the range Sunday to get dialed in on the 100 yard line. Great rifles for training, plinking or varmints.

14. sharpshtr

sharpshtr New Member

Thanks! I'm headed out late morning to go get it. I really liked it yesterday in the store.

15. Longrange

Longrange New Member

You will not regret picking one up. I'll post a range report Sunday, I am hoping the new rifle duplicates the accuracy of my first one. The new one was a gift to my wife, now when we go to the range I won't need to share :)

16. Vincine

Vincine New Member

I've got a MkII too. What kind of ammo are you using? What kind of groups are you getting?

17. Longrange

Longrange New Member

I only use standard cci mini mags as they have been the most accurate in my rifle. At 100 yards it will shoot 1/2 " groups if I do my part. My wife, who is new to shooting is sub moa averaging 3/4" groups. At 200 yards the rifle is averaging 1.5" groups with perfect wind conditions. Normal circumstances are right at 2" give or take. I have to try more match ammo at 200 yards in the hopes it provides a little improvement, overall I am really pleased so far with accuracy.

18. sharpshtr

sharpshtr New Member

Here she is! Can't wait to get it out this weekend after squirrels!

image-2562765002.jpg

19. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

The Savage plastic stock has too much drop for proper use with a scope. Boyds makes some nice laminate stocks for about $100 plus you will need a trigger guard. You could also do what I did on my FVSR. I bent and mounted a piece of kydex to make a cheek piece. I put a Boyds stock on my wife's FV.

Attached Files:

20. sharpshtr

sharpshtr New Member

I really like that wood stock. Does it have a thumb hole? And how much was it?