Savage mark 2 question?

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by celticpride2133, Aug 31, 2012.

1. celticpride2133

celticpride2133 New Member

So I was at dick's today and ready to buy my new savage mark 2, wood stock. But the guy behind the counter told me this model didn't have the AQU trigger? I thought all savages had this trigger, the gun had a trigger guard thing so I couldnt look and see the triger. Does this sound correct or was the counter guy wrong? Thanks

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Well, according to the Savage website, the Mk IIs DO have an Acu-trigger. Does Dick's have some special run without them? Damifino. Have them take the trigger lock off and look.

Better yet, go find one at a local gun shop that is not afraid to let you hold a rifle that does not have a trigger lock on it. :rolleyes:

3. bradford027

bradford027 New Member

I just looked at one at walmart . It didnt have the accutrigger. It was a black synthetic stock and regular barrell model.

4. robertb6112

robertb6112 New Member

I have that model it's the gxp. They don't have it on the website. It's good I paid $180 on sale at dicks with a scope 3 years ago. It's pretty much the Stevens model with the savage name on it. I do have some feeding problems with it once in awhile but I think it's the ammo I use.

5. Longrange

Longrange New Member

Look for the mkII fvx model. It has the accutrigger and imo is worth the extra few dollars. The fvx also has a bull barrel. It is a package model so it will have some variety of 3x9 scope on it.

6. opaww

opaww New Member

I have a Savage Mark II BV with Accutrigger, but they also make them without the accutrigger as well

7. FullautoUSA

FullautoUSA Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner Lifetime Supporter

The one that I have fired had an aqu trigger, do they all have peep sights?

8. Longrange

Longrange New Member

No, they do not all have sights on them. I just bought a 2nd Savage today, another fvxp with a bull barrel. This one is fluted with a green stock.

9. MrGrumpy89

MrGrumpy89 Member

I bought one from Wal Mart about 5 years ago. It does not have the Accu-trigger, but it is a pretty lite trigger pull, never measured it but a rough guess would be 3.5-4 pounds. The feeding issue i have was the bolt would scrap the rounds in the mag, scratching the bullet. I have fixed that by taking off the mag well and just doing single shot.

10. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

You can allways add a 84 dollar Rifle Basix trigger to the non accu trigger rifles for a better trigger yet.

11. Jeff56

Jeff56 New Member

Dicks and Walmart both bought special runs of the MkII's without the AccuTrigger. Walmart hid that fact from customers by putting a trigger lock on the trigger that covered it up so that you couldn't see if it had the AT or not. It was a downright dirty as heck thing to do. They wouldn't remove the trigger lock so you could see either. I know Dicks had some of the same rifles but I didn't know they also hid the triggers from customers. If they told you it didn't have the AT then obviously they weren't hiding that fact from you.

I would NOT buy a MkII without the AT. Sure you can buy a MkII and add the Rifle Basix trigger on regular MkII models but I'm not sure it's even possible with the neutered models being sold by Walmart and Dicks.

Both companies proved they can't be trusted IMO when they did this. That's why I buy guns from a LGS if at all possible. I did buy a shotgun from Walmart a while back but I could see everything about it and I knew exactly what I was looking at. But for the most part I avoid dealing with either of those places for anything other than ammo and even then I try to find it elsewhere first. I'll even pay more for the same ammo before I give my money to Wally World or Dick Sporting Goods.

12. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

And most area will have one really good local gun shop that sells at a discounted price on everthing. They can basicly match walmart prices and get special orders quicker. Just talk time to hunt one up.

13. Jeff56

Jeff56 New Member

At least one. There are 4 like that in my area. I try to spread my business between them all in hopes it will help keep them all afloat. They generally have to charge about $20 more than the Wally World prices but it's very much worth it considering you can't get any help at all on a problem gun from Walmart. The shops I deal with will ship a gun back to the factory if there's a problem with it and they pick up the tab for the shipping. LGS's are the way to fly if at all possible.