Savage FV-SR range report

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by hareebrownbeest, Jun 3, 2013.

1. hareebrownbeest

hareebrownbeest New Member

Went shooting this weekend at Piru shooting range. Had a friend out with his two boys that brought some air soft guns over to my house. I said "you boys want to shoot some real guns?" so I took them to the range. I brought my Ruger 10/22 and my Savage FV-SR. I gave the boys a little lesson on safety and how to properly treat and use the rifles. They did really well and now are looking at purchasing a .22 of they're own. So much for air soft:). I purchased some CCI Stingers from the range ($5 a box of 50) and I was surprised my savage did not like them at all. They would not eject. The Ruger ate them up no problem. I did have some Remington sub sonics and at 25 yards my savage grouped 5 shots within the size of a dime. I wish I could of grabed the target to have a pic but the range never called a cease fire, so we left. I have a far away pic but that's it. The boys were hitting a steel plate at 200 yards and that was pretty impressive for them being first time shooters.

image-2232168223.jpg

We were target #3

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

Stinger cases are a scootch longer not all guns are chambered long enough to use them.

3. hareebrownbeest

Oh okay, thanks for the info.

4. mbcoulter

mbcoulter New Member

I have found that some CCI lr ammo had the waxy lubrication on the top 1/8 inch of the brass. While the accuracy is great, I had to wipe off each round.

5. hareebrownbeest

Yeah, the rounds are very nice quality.