Savage axis 308

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by theschnelting21, Feb 5, 2014.

1. theschnelting21

theschnelting21 New Member

I'm looking to get a rifle I want a 308 but I was just wondering what kind of magazines the savage axis use I was wondering if I can get a mag that holds more then 4 rounds.

Sent from my VS870 4G using Firearms Talk mobile app

2. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

I don't think anyone makes a higher capacity magazine for the Axis,but there are a couple guys that do make them for a Model 10 Savage with a DBM.

3. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

Savage doesn't sell a larger capacity magazine for the Axis. Savage does sell a 10 shot magazine for model 10, it costs $110. I suggest that you search google for an aftermarket magazine.

4. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

OK, I just need to ask. Why would you need a high cap mag for a basic rifle designed for hunting?

5. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

He can't warp the barrel on the Axis with just a four shot magazine?

6. theschnelting21

theschnelting21 New Member

I don't really want a high magazine I was just wondering cuz I don't wanna be reloading all the time while I'm at the range with my buddy's and I can't really compete with his $2500 scar and full mags with only a 4 shot mag.

Sent from my VS870 4G using Firearms Talk mobile app

7. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

a bolt action is not meant to be shot like a semi-auto. bolt actions are more about precision. even though most of mine will hold 3-4 rounds in the magazine, i usually feed mine one shell at a time.

step up and get you an AR, an AK or a SCAR if you want to send a bunch of rounds down range fast. that's what my AR is for. fun shooting not precision like my bolt actions.

8. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

Back up about 300 yards then let him try his peashooter. You can make 300 yard shots with your axis. You have to let the barrel cool between magazines. The axis is a hunting rifle. It is designed to be lugged through the woods for miles. Then fire a few accurate shots. The axis is not designed to be a range gun.

I have a marlin XT 22mr. It has a light hunting barrel. After I fire seven 22 wmr rounds the point of impact changes. How many shots will it take to change the point of impact with your 308?

You can put lipstick on a pig but it is still a pig.

9. dteed4094

dteed4094 New Member

I would think if he has the coin to buy a $2500 rifle he can afford to spray and pray. I load one at a time also for a few reasons, cost being only one of them.