Savage Anschutz Match 64 Problem

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by bungiex8e8, Feb 2, 2014.

1. bungiex8e8

bungiex8e8 New Member

This gun i have is pretty old. It was my grandpaps he used to shoot comp with it. I decided i was going to clean it up and join a league using it....but will not shoot. The only thing i can think of is the firing pin will not lock back in place. Does anyone know if there an adjustment on it or does it sound like a spring or something is broke inside. O will not dry fire bec pin isnt locking back. help me please.

2. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

Bungie, sorry I can't help you with problem but I'd certainly like to see some photos of that rifle!

Also are you old enough to remember The Tiltin' Hilton, in Cresson? :)

3. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

You should probably take it to a gunsmith. If you can determine what is wrong with it, you'll likely have a hard time getting Parts.

better judged by twelve than carried by six.

4. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

easy over to the anschultz section at Rimfirecenteral. Those guys will help you get it right.

5. bungiex8e8

bungiex8e8 New Member

id show a pic but downt know how

6. Clem

Clem Member

It is possible the firing pin is broken. My Anschutz 54 rifles had a tendency to break firing pins.

7. bungiex8e8

bungiex8e8 New Member

i found the problem just dont know if its the trigger assembly or bolt causing it. the part thats attached to the trigger the goes up to the chamber and grabs the firing pin while pushing the bolt in is to loose to hold it