Savage A22 .22WMR mags

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by paul, May 22, 2016.

1. paul

paul New Member

Need additional 10rd rotary .22WMR(magnum) magazines for SAVAGE A22, does someone know if the A17 .17WMR magazine will work for the A22? Box clips will hold either .17 or .22WMR rounds but not sure about the rotary type. Thanks for helpful replies and best regards, Paul

2. albow1

albow1 New Member

I had the same dilemma. Bought an A17 10 round mag from Midway and it is identical in every way in looks and function to my A22 mag. I even bought the Butler Creek 25 round mag for the A17 and with some opening up on the front to allow the larger .22 slug to pass and a bit of filing on the front of the follower, I now have an A22 with reliable 25rd capacity! Go for it, Paul!

3. dustink

dustink New Member

How do you like the 25 red mag for the a17? Looking to get one but didn't know they came out yet

4. albow1

albow1 New Member

dustlink I googled butler creek a17 25rd magazine and found lots of places to get it, some were out of stock. The magazine is well made, and the metal part will require a roto tool and something that can grind HARD metal to open the narrow end and allow the .22 slug to pass. The fit into the gun itself is perfect without modification. Best,albow1