Savage 93g in .22 wmr

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by sctimber97, Jun 25, 2012.

1. sctimber97

sctimber97 New Member

I am looking for a good 22 mag, and the gun shop down the road from me has one of these for $229. Any thoughts or comments about this gun? Thanks.

2. TLuker

TLuker Active Member

I've got the M93 BTVS and a love it. :)

3. sctimber97

sctimber97 New Member

What ammo works the best?

4. TLuker

TLuker Active Member

CCI 40gr Gamepoint shoots great!!!

Something else that might be of interest. I was talking to a fellow that had the same rifle as me and he mentioned that his didn't shoot very well until after he put about 100 rounds through it. Then it turned into a tack driver. Mine shot well out of the box, but nothing spectacular. After about 150 rounds though it turned into a real shooter. I'm not sure if that was just these two rifles, if it's something with Savage .22mags, or all .22 mags but I know of two tack drivers that took over a hundred rounds before they really started shooting great. Just something to keep in mind if you get a .22mag. ;)

5. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

I've had the LH version-93GL for several years.It's a great rifle,and pretty accurate.
    It prefers to shoot Remington 33gr V-max ammo over any other brand,but it shoots other brands decent enough for hunting.

6. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

I like mine. Seems to be capable of better accuracy than me. I've only shot 60-70 rounds, though.

7. big shrek

big shrek Well-Known Member

For about the same money you can get a Marlin XT22MVSR, Heavy barrel, adjustable trigger, yummy little rifle :)