Savage 7mm rem mag

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by JSPACK, Jan 20, 2013.

1. JSPACK

JSPACK New Member

My friend took my rifle and put a regular 7mm through it. The casing exploded in the barrel and got stuck. I tapped it out using a oak rod. Is there any way my barrel could be damaged from the smaller round? Should I take it in and get it pressure tested? Or are they a tough barrel

2. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Take it to a smith and get it checked. He very likely tore the hell put of the riflings and the throat.

3. hiwall

hiwall Active Member

"Should I take it in and get it pressure tested?"

There is no such thing for a barrel. There was no bullet stuck in the barrel was there? Just the brass case was in the chamber?

4. JSPACK

JSPACK New Member

Yea just the case stuck.

5. savageman97

savageman97 New Member

Well before u do anything.......beat Ur friend with a stick lol

6. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Ill second this.....no actually a good solid butt stroke to the grill w said 7 mag sounds better to me

7. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

this is exactly why you should never lend firearms to friends! especially those who would use improper ammo!:eek:

8. JSPACK

JSPACK New Member

It my fault I told him it was a 7mm I forgot to say it was a mag

9. Muliemaster

Muliemaster New Member

A 7mm is a rem mag. What are u talking about, you say a 7mm then u say its a mag well of course it is. So is it a 7mm or a 7mm ultra or 7mm weatherby mag.

10. Muliemaster

Muliemaster New Member

A reg 7mm round???????

11. JSPACK

JSPACK New Member

Your right it is a ultra

12. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

What model is this "ultra" mag?

13. JSPACK

JSPACK New Member

14. Muliemaster

Muliemaster New Member

So lets get this straight now your buddy shot a standard 7mm rem mag from your 7mm ultra mag correct???. Is yours a standard ultra or the rum ultra mag?? An are u ever gonba let someone borrow it again

15. JSPACK

JSPACK New Member

It's a rem mag (ill post picks) and nobody takes my guns anymore

16. Muliemaster

Muliemaster New Member

Ok its a 7mm rem mag, great caliber you will be fine on shooting the gun, if you feel uneasy take it to a smith for a inspection, but u will be fine, savage makes one hell of a tuff gun. Also good choice on never loaning it out again, quick story for u I had, ( had ) a friend that got a elk tag for colorado, onky had a 243, so I said no prob here buddy I loaned him for this hunt a model 70 in .338 win mag, we spent 2 months letting him shoot it an get used to it before his hunt. The day before he goes he picks it up an 9 yrs later I still havent got it back, nor have I seen him. I dont loan anything but my ex wife these days

17. JSPACK

JSPACK New Member

Thanks man thats good to hear I was stressed out. It's a brand new gun It's only had 8 rounds through it well 9 if you count the last one. I talked to the local gun shop and he is going to run the boar scope down it and check it out for me.

18. Muliemaster

Muliemaster New Member

Great idea also have him check the throat an rest of the action JUST TO BE 100% SURE, but rest easy savage is no push over in the yea im built tank tuff group, they are just tuff guns. Plus thats a great long range slammer

19. JSPACK

JSPACK New Member

Everything checks out its good to go