savage 64

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by old fart, Aug 10, 2012.

1. old fart

old fart New Member

does the savage model 64 semi auto 22 have last round hold open on the bolt? thanks

2. mrt8110

mrt8110 New Member

No it does not, even still one nice .22. :)Cliff

3. old fart

old fart New Member

are these good 22's?, i have chance to get one like new for $50. been shot less than 20 times, the guy is wanting a bolt action so he's selling this one. thanks

4. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

RUN to his house. POUND on door. SHOVE money in his hands. TAKE gun. RUN home before he comes to his senses. That is about a third of the value if it is in good shape.

5. ArmyGuy

ArmyGuy New Member

I will probably catch sh!t for this from all the Savage fans out there But........ I own two .22's, one a Savage 64 and the other a Ruger 10/22 (bull barrel). While the Savage 64 is a great gun (can't beat that deal for $50, you should definitely do it) I prefer shooting the Ruger. Maybe it's just me, but I am more accurate with it than I am with the Savage 64.

6. big shrek

big shrek Well-Known Member

For $50, worth it.

For $100 around Black Friday, look for a Marlin 795 at a sporting goods chain store...which has LSHO & a Micro-groove barrel :D

For $250 you can get a 1022...which you will need to buy a heavy target barrel & install it to equal what the $100 Marlin can do with a pencil barrel ;)

7. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

for that price yes.. great deal.. the rife itself is pretty decent. i have one. i paid 180 for it.. does not have last shot hold open. its pretty accurate and shoots just fine. personally i dislike the trigger and think i may try to fix mine. but for plinking, or an extra rifle for friends to use. its great.. and at that price... its super great

8. robertusa123

robertusa123 New Member

wish some one made a 20 round magazine for the savage 64 only draw back ive seen i have thounds of rounds thure my 64 hardly ever a problem