Savage 64

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by Tyrsgodi, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Tyrsgodi

Tyrsgodi Active Member

My local pawn shop had a Savage 64 in the rack this week, and my will power held for two days. Missing magazine, but $125. I did go back, so now I'll have a true knock-about truck gun for plinking or rodents. No rear site, but it has rails for a scope I have in the cabinet, a 3-7x Tasco.
    Any little quirks to look for? Savagemodel64F.jpg

Blackfeather666 and Rifling82 like this.
  2. PANDEMIC

PANDEMIC Well-Known Member

I used to have one for a while. I used it mostly for plinking, never hunted with it. Its a low quality gun IMO, really can't use it for a whole lot of things.

3. Tyrsgodi

Tyrsgodi Active Member

Thanks! When I walk into a pawn shop and ask for a hundred dollar gun, I know it won't be a pre 64 Winchester! But a varmint or paper plate could be in trouble! ;-)

Oldoutlaw and Rifling82 like this.
  4. Oldoutlaw

Oldoutlaw Well-Known Member Supporter

Less than 2 months ago I bought the Savage 62F. Which is the number for the rifles made in the Stevens plant in Canada. Walked into Walmart and they were $99.00. Took it right then and there. I am impressed with it. Seems well made and very accurate with just the iron sights. Really am enjoying this little plinker and Tree Rat eliminator.

PeeJay1313 likes this.
  5. Blue1

Blue1 Member

I bought a Model 64 about 6 years ago from Dick's for about $170 and thought that was a decent deal.

Last year I bought a Nikon Prostaff Rimfire 4-12 power scope for it and do ragged holes at my 25 yard pistol range. Came with a bad mag, Savage replaced it no charge and it feeds CCI round or HP Mini Mags faultlessly.

My friend bought a Marlin bolt-action .22LR and it too is a tack driver.

Tyrsgodi likes this.