savage .338 surpise!

Discussion in 'Range Report' started by jjfuller1, Nov 2, 2011.

1. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

so i went to the range again today because of beautiful weather. unfortunatly i had my first mishap with my stag. double feed..i think what happend was as i loaded the mag the top round popped out and then when i closed the bolt it tried to grab the following round.. so now its a 99 percenter . oh well it was bound to happen sometime... on a good note. as i was packing up a fellow shooter brought out his savage .338 lapua magnum. i cant upload the videos but i have a picture. it was pretty intense to watch it fire. i realllllllllllllllllllllllllly wanted to ask if i could just fire it once but i decided not to and left to go get my son from the babysitter

Attached Files:

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

what magazine are ya using??

3. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

a 30rnd MIlspec that hasnt givin me any problems since i acquired it from my UNCLE in 04 ;)

4. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

I was lucky enough to go to a local range when Savage had a bunch of guns for anyone there to try out.They had 7-8 different models laying on the shooting benches,and told me to shoot all I wanted to-I think they regretted saying that to me.I shot atleast a box of their Hornady Premium ammo out of every gun I shot,and 3 of them were the BA series rifles-308,300WM,and the 338 Lapua.
    The 338 was fun to shoot,but unless you are a serious long range hunter/shooter,it's just throwing money out the window.Shooting this caliber at less than 500 yards doesn't even let the bullets get a good start at performance.
    Kinda like buying a Ferrari,and never going over 55mph-Why even own it?