Firearms Talk banner

Savage 25/06 Tactical Arrived !!!!

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  lonyaeger 
#1 ·
:(Well my friends gunshop got hit by lightning several weeks ago and caught on fire.Luckily,it was at night and nobody was there or injured. It didn't burn much,but everything has smoke damage,so he has been doing business out of his house while waiting on his insurance co to take care of his claim and the owner of the building to repair it.
He saw me driving in town today and told me my gun had came in about a week after the fire and he had it at his house,so I went out and got it.:D

I had to have the Savage Custom Shop put it together since it was a discontinued model,a 110FLP 25/06 Tactical. I already have the same gun in 300WinMag and love the way it shoots,and figured a 25/06 would be the perfect deer and varmint gun for me.
Now I just have to wait for Choate to make my Tactical stock,Fred Choate sent me an email the other day and it will be a month before they make it.

And if I can just figure out what scope to put on it,I've narrowed it down to a Bushnell Elite 6500,Zeiss Conquest,IOR Valdada,Swarovsky,or maybe a Leupold VX3-but I'm just not much on the Leupold's they are overpriced for what you get,IMO.
There are just too many good scopes out there today,It's hard to pick one!:confused:

I'm putting on a one piece Ken Farrell base,and will probably use Burris Signature Zee Rings.

So I guess I have some time to work up some custom loads,and wait for everything to get here.Then I will give a full range report on it.

See less See more
#2 ·
#4 ·
What he said. :D

#5 ·
I'm still waiting on my stock,but got everything else I ordered so I went ahead and put it all together.

I really like the Ken Farrell 1pc base,very nice,high quality. Well worth the price.
Burris Signature Zee rings,IMO,the best rings you can buy!
Sightron SIII 6-24X50 LRMD scope.I was a little skeptical about this scope,I had never seen one,just read several reviews and read about others that had them. I must say,this is a NICE scope.Side by side comparision to my Swarovski Pro Hunter scope on my other 110FLP,the glass on the Sightron is right up there in quality/clarity-I was very pleased. The turrets are nice sized,and are very audible clicks,they turn a little easier than I like but have caps to cover them,so that's not a problem to me.Plus they are resetable to zero. The only complaint I have with Sightron is the lack of available reticles,on the 6-25X50,you only have 2 choices Mil-Dot or Fine Crosshair w/Target Dot. I have the Mil-Dot.

Here's some pics,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.