Savage 116 7mm mag

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by riley, May 7, 2010.

1. riley

riley New Member

I was in my local gun shop today, shipping my mini thirty. I spotted this wood stocked, stainless barreled, Savage 116 with harris bipod, in 7mm mag. It was only 425 bucks, so i bought it. Took it home, tore it apart to really clean it,put it back together, and went directly to the range. After sighting it in i was shooting 1.5'' groups at 100 yards. For me thats pretty good.

2. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

Savage 116

Great rifle, I've got one in 7mm Rem. Mag. too. Despite the large caliber kick, it's the most accurate rifle I have. 1" or better at 100 yards is typical.

Mine is pre accu-trigger and accu-stock, but the trigger is a crisp 3 lb's. I got rid of the black tupperware stock that came on mine and put a nice laminated thumbhole stock on it.

I think you did good on the price! Enjoy. :cool:

Attached Files:

3. Pineywoods

Pineywoods New Member

I think your stock is outstanding. Where did you find it?

4. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

That is a Savage 110 LA Tundra Thumbhole Deluxe stock I got about a year ago at Stocky's Stock's. I love it. They are an awesome good company and the fit was a perfect tight drop-in requiring no fitting. It comes in a variety of colors, as well as, solid walnut. Here's a link:

* Tundra Deluxe Thumbhole Stocks - Remington 700 ADL BDL , Ruger 77 Mark 2, Savage 10 / 110, Weatherby Vanguard, Winchester 70 / 70a / 670

Watch for a sale, they usually have a couple a year. Also don't worry about backordering the one you want. It usually only take 3-4 weeks for them to order and receive a special order.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 29, 2011
  5. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

My sons Boyds stock is the same! $65.00.
    [​IMG]

My old 110 in 7mm Rem mag is a tack driver even w/ the 2x4 stock it came with. Function is everthing!! Very light recoil.
    [​IMG]