Firearms Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering re-barelling a Savage 111. I am using that action because I already have it and it's just sitting around. It is currently chambered in .270 which I have no use for (already have a .280 and 30-06). I can't seem to find a chart with bolt face diameters listed. I would love to do it in .220 Swift (preferably) or .22-.250. Anyone point me in the direction of a chart or list of bolt face diameters? Or even tell me what calibers share the same bolt face as a .270? Thanks.

·
Registered
184 Posts
just my guess

..i would say, the 22-250 sure would to be close???i hope you get your info
i would contact somebody at Midway usa,:D

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I have disovered he bolt face diameters are for .270, .22-.250 and .220 Swift are all .473", which makes me happy, I think. I now wonder if I will have feeding problems with the short action cartridge from a long action rifle. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Well, I have disovered he bolt face diameters are for .270, .22-.250 and .220 Swift are all .473", which makes me happy, I think. I now wonder if I will have feeding problems with the short action cartridge from a long action rifle. Any thoughts?
You won't run into any problems using a long action for a short action cartridge. We have done it on more than one occasion.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts