Savage 111 thread

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by screach, Mar 28, 2014.

1. screach

screach New Member

Hey guys, just noticed that there are almost four threads running for this gun right now, and just thought it may be a better idea simply to bring all of the questions to one thread.

So lately I've really wanted to upgrade my Savage 111. I have recently looked into muzzle breaks, DBM options, and now I would like to find a suitable stock. Are there any 111 long action stocks that you guys have found to work with DBMs?

2. big_blue79

big_blue79 New Member

Boyd's does IIRC. Txhillbilly uses some Boyd's stocks on his Savage's.

3. screach

screach New Member

Ahh ok, just looked them up, they seem like a viable option, but I'm looking for more of a "tactical" stock. And I generally steer away from wood furniture as well, but thank you for the sugestion. I will measure the screw spacing quickly to give you guys some more info.

One Shot One Kill

4. BWM243

BWM243 Member

I have a Savage 111 in a 243 it will shoot one hole at 100 Yd. It has a thumb hole stock. This is one of my go to gun when target shooting. I have 4 - 243 Savages and a 25.06 & 30.06 in Savages

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
  5. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

Well not a 111, but a 110. Sierra light F series. It will put that 1 cold bore offhand shot in a 5" target at 400 yards, no problem. It is a simple tool, no need for a new stock, high powered scope, heavy barrel or muzzle devise of any kind. It is a 7MM Remington Mag. It will actually do the 5" at over 500 yards, but I just don't think that is ethical or really hunting. Shooting a piece of paper off a bench and shooting game are very different.
    [​IMG]