Saturday range visits are VERY Dangerous!!!!

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by kirbinster, May 20, 2013.

1. kirbinster

kirbinster New Member

I typically go to the range during the week, as it is much less crowded. I have visited four times on Saturday, and have found it a very dangerous activity and highly advise against it. On three of those four occasions I ended up making impulse gun purchases

This is what happened this Saturday:

[​IMG]

2. otisthecat

otisthecat New Member

I'm not seeing the problem.

3. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

4. mseric

mseric New Member

Nice, really nice!!

5. TekGreg

TekGreg Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Sww-weeeet!!! Nice to see the sexy guns showing up at the LGS again.

6. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

Yo literally purchased the 1911 that I want more than any other 1911!!!!!!!!

7. Buckeyeborn

Buckeyeborn New Member

How painful was it $$$$.00 wise? It is a beautiful piece tell us all about it

8. JolietGunner

JolietGunner New Member

9. apwvsd40ve

apwvsd40ve New Member

+ 1 on this....I just mentioned this in another thread!

10. qwiksdraw

qwiksdraw New Member

Any day of the week can be dangerous for me!

11. kirbinster

kirbinster New Member

Well guns are expensive here in NJ, they go for about MSRP price. While you can buy over the internet it does not come out a lot cheaper once you factor in shipping and what is typically a $50 FFL transfer fee. That said I got this one for $1,350 because it was "used". I put used in quotes because a guy bought it, took it home for an hour, came back and said he did not want it and wanted a Dan Wesson instead. The owner explained to him that he could not give him a full refund as it is technically used. So, his loss was my gain, as a new one in the case is selling for $1589.

12. Buckeyeborn

Buckeyeborn New Member

Good for you I know that in CA it is the same you got to buy them locally when you find them sometimes the price it right sometimes not so much

13. 308Wins

308Wins New Member

And you regret it?
    =)

14. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

I started going on Friday since i'm "Semi-Retired" and it's less crowded. But...that gives me more time to browse the displays in the shop.....:)

15. eborden1122

eborden1122 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I share the same problem. I have a friend that works at my local LGS. He calls me when new stuff makes it in. I have always wanted a Colt Gold Cup. Well he calls me and guess what came in and who knows when they will see another one. So of course I bought it, this coming after I bought a Colt Talo that came in a few weeks ago. What a great problem to have though :D

16. Buckeyeborn

Buckeyeborn New Member

I want one of those birds head grip 45acp rugers in a bad way but hard to find in CA

17. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

hmmmmm..........you seem to have the same problem as many of us here have. sorry to burst your ego, but you're preaching to the choir! :D

and i hate to inform you, but if you need to curb your desires to buy another gun, we are not the support group you were looking for. as a matter of fact, we would happily help you spend more money on more guns if able to!:eek:

but seriously, nice looking pistol and i hope you enjoy it!:D