Satellite tv

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by dragunovsks, Jul 10, 2012.

1. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

Is it just me or is it like every week there is some big dispute between sat tv companies and the networks? Was it two weeks ago it was AMC and now today im watching a movie (Accepted on Comedy Central) on a half screen with the moving subtitles telling me to call whoever to keep this and other channels, WTF? Anybody else getting tired of seein this crap?

Im just glad AMC settled thier dispute cause i wouldve had a meltdown if i couldnt watch The Walking Dead. I dont watch alot of sitcoms, other than 2-1/2 Men, i loved Jericho but we all know what happened there. Seems like everytime a show comes on i like it gets cancelled.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
  2. MrWray

MrWray New Member

I have directv and its been on all day that tonight they are dropping "26" channels, including MTV, BET, nickelodeon, and comedy central. Who knows what the other 22 channels are. Its pretty rediculous

3. Gone_South

Gone_South New Member

I think it's when it's contract renewal time. The channels ask for the moon & the satellite companies dig in their heels. The channels start the sky is falling campaign & then the satellite companies counter with how the channels are trying to charge too much.

They always seem to end up coming to an agreement in the 11th hour but yeah it's annoying that they drag us into their contract disputes.

4. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Well if they actually do this, its gonna cost them ALOT of customers. Dish network did away with AMC last month and that would have pissed me off cause im a huge "The walking dead" fan, but this is a new level of stupidity if this actually happens.

5. CourtJester

CourtJester Well-Known Member

As long as they don't screw with Speed Vision, CNN, History Channel, and the Military Channel and I'll be just fine. They can cancel all the others for sure.

6. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

CNN? :eek: I wish they would cancel the Communist News Network.

7. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

I need the SyFy Channel for my scary movies, History Channel, AMC, and Food Network. Boomerang is good too if I'm in the mood for cartoons. Oh yes and DIY.

8. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Shouldnt have to pay for TV anyway. :)

9. MrWray

MrWray New Member

No you shouldnt

10. Nch22000

Nch22000 New Member

Originally Posted by purehavoc
    Shouldnt have to pay for TV anyway.

Cause all stuff should be free. Like the movies, ammo, guns, computers, Internet access, hookers, and everything else we use for entertainment.

Rollseyes

11. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Are you smacking gum while your rolling those eyes?

I dont believe that any of those things that you mentioned are relevant to what we were talking about...but it would be a plus if that stuff was free too

12. Bear304inc

Bear304inc New Member

Wait,,, hookers aren't free??
    No wonder that chick in Columbia was soo mad,,,,,,,

13. chuckusaret

chuckusaret Member

I agree............

14. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Well they did it, all of those channels are gone.

15. Gone_South

Gone_South New Member

Probably won't be gone forever. I think they will come to an agreement sooner or later as will Dish & AMC.

At the end of the day the almighty dollar wins the day. One side or the other will start feeling an impact from loss of funds & have second thoughts.

Viacom hurts themselves with trying to ask for more money when most of the stuff they show is available on line for free.

16. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

Thats righr it does. Every once in awhile the company i drive for will lose a contract for hauling scrap iron or rock because a smaller company will come in and undercut us just to get the job. Of course we usually get those jobs back.

17. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

I don't watch tv. My roommate has sat. TV, though I've never heard him complain. I hate giving money to these liberal ass clowns, who use their profits against us. It's like giving aid to the enemy. I also hate how they try to crack down on product innovation out of fear of losing their money, like we never recorded shows on tv or went to friends houses to watch a show, until the Internet came out. If they all went out of business I'd smile. Same millionaire executives who give Obama money to run around and tell us how greedy doctors are.

18. Yunus

Yunus New Member

If you have DirecTv call them today and say you want a credit for losing your Viacom channels. They will offer you a $5 credit for 3 months. They will probably only do this until the dispute is settled which could be as soon as today or it might take months. It's only $15 but it's $15 for making a phone call.

19. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

Aren't there 30 channels Viacom controls? I would probably want more than $5 credit a month.