Santa came early

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Glasshartt, May 7, 2010.

1. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

It has been like Christmas in May around here this week. Pick-up the 67-1 for a song and the 3913 arrived. I also went to a LE Expo and really cleaned up. I got the pink Benchmade for $45.00, the mini-SOG and the hook knife were free. Also got a Botach bolt/carrier scraper; a bunch of Otis stuff, Gunzilla and Copperzilla, and a whole lot of other stuff too.

Yesterday was the range day. Got to shoot without having to pay for ammo or clean the weapons. Got to shoot a .223 SCAR, a LMT .308, and a full auto new Bushmaster ACR. The full auto was fun. Then we went for a ride in a Polaris Ranger. No I wasn't driving, and neither of us were hurt.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 7, 2010
  2. junho806

junho806 New Member

wow seems like you've had a good week
    :D

3. pandamonium

pandamonium New Member

Congrats on the new guns! Glad to hear you were'nt hurt, looks like it could have almost been fun!

4. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Good stuff Linda. :cool:

5. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Ain't gravith a b****. :D

I flipped an MLRS on it's side at FT.Chaffee one year during summercamp.

Congrats on the guns!

6. suprdave

suprdave New Member

I did that last week! It was the most gentle wreck I've ever experienced! Don't worry...No beer was hurt in the making of this picture!

Congrats on the guns, Glass! How was that SCAR? I really want to try one!

Attached Files:

7. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

All of those side by sides are a bit top heavy and go over pretty easy. Sounds like a fun day, glass. One thing I miss about the USMC is the many full auto weapons we got to play with.

8. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Nice! What did Scubie get? You know he won't be outdone....and now it's his turn!

9. Troy Michalik

Troy Michalik Is it Friday yet? Supporter

Dang girl! Lucky all the way around is what I'm thinking.

10. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

Great stuff. Glad you weren't hurt.

11. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

So is Scubie going to own up to rolling the golf cart?

12. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member

Oh man guys, why y’all got to be so mean… Hell I wasn’t even able to go to the Expo because I was teaching a class to 40 MP’s deploying to Kirgizstan.

Well…… I did stop by the range for a few minutes and picked up a free speaker mic for my duty radio that I can plug in my electronic peltor hearing protectors that have a boom mic so I can use my radio with my hearing protection but that’s all. :D

I WAS NOT EVEN THERE FOR THE ROLL OVER… it was our adopted son (young officer that Glass took under her wing) that rolled it over (Glass was the passenger) so don’t blame this one on me.

Oh and I was the one that bought the 3913 from Don for Linda and I was the one who found and bought the Model 67 to replace the one that blew up on her years ago… so I’m the best husband in the world right now... :cool:

13. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Hey I had to figure after seeing you in the golf cart at Lon's. :eek:

Nothing personal',but you did not look to have a lot of GC experience.:eek:

14. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member

Hey, not my fault it was faulty machinery... yeah that's the ticket,,, it was Lon's fault he set me up... yeah that's it, he sabotaged the golf cart .. I’m an expert :D

15. RugerShootinGal

RugerShootinGal New Member

Very nice stuff glad you guys weren't hurt!!!:)

16. canebrake

canebrake New Member

That's no wreck, it's your duck blind after a day of hunting.

Jeesh you're messy! [​IMG]

17. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

The SCAR was sweet, but I was surprised how loud it was for a .223. It was as loud, if not louder, than the LMT .308, but there was no recoil at all. I was firing off-hand and it hardly moved at all. It had a Leupold scope with a "T" reticule that was interesting, it was easy to pick up the target with it.

Except for the full auto, I wasn't really impressed with the Bushmaster. It was getting really hot. The rep said it was because the sun was shining on it, but the ambient temperature wasn't high enough to account for the weapon temperature, and it wasn't being constantly fired in full auto.

I did get Scubie a couple of things, a Colt AR pin, an H&K pin, and some solvent and lubricant samples. :p

18. Franciscomv

Franciscomv New Member

Sounds like a great time! Beautiful guns, and the BM Griptilian is one of the best lightweight folding knives out there.