Santa barbara 30-06

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by judaist, Apr 26, 2008.

1. judaist

judaist New Member

I have a rifle that has Santa Barbara on it . It is chambered in a 30-06 I need to get a replacment stock, but cant find any info on it. Can anyone help.

2. ScottG

ScottG New Member

Do you have a picture? What kind of rifle are you talking about? Does it look like an "assault rifle?" Santa Barbara is a Spanish manufacturer. They produced the CETME rifle for the Spanish armed forces. Perhaps it's one of those.

3. judaist

judaist New Member

I have a picture but it is to large for this forum, it looks like a average bolt action rifle

Last edited: Apr 27, 2008
  4. ScottG

ScottG New Member

Could be a sporting rifle then. Post your photo to Photobucket or some other hosting site and you can resize it then post a link here.

Perhaps a visit to the library would get you some other info. There's a book called The complete encyclopedia of hunting rifles and shotguns
    by A E Hartink you might look for. Maybe someone else here has info too.

5. judaist

judaist New Member

Thank you for the help it is a mauser 98 commercial made.

6. RLeon77183

RLeon77183 New Member

Santa Barbara atock

I also have a Santa Barbara bolt action rifle. Mine was originaly a kit gun in which I had to finnish the stock and blued the action/barrel. It is in .270 cal.
    A couple of years ago, I had a synthetic stock installed. I also had it pillar bedded and the barrel free floated. The Gun Smith I used just orderd a Bell and Carlson synthetic stock for me. They can be ordered for a long or short action Mauser 98. Cabella's and Bass Pro carries them and I'm sure any shooting supply house as well carry them. Good luck and Good shooting.