San francisco And Oakland Gun Buyback Programs

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Vikingdad, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

This weekend SF and Oakland are doing gun buybacks, $200 per gun:D with a 3 gun maximum!

You do have to present ID to prove you live in those cities, but I have that covered with a friend. Problem is I only have one junker gun though (a Sears and Roebuck bolt action 12 gauge shotty).

I'll be driving up to SF tomorrow to sell a tomato stake for $200!

2. Blueguns

Blueguns New Member

You got all the luck! It would cost me one forth of the $200 to drive down. Also I don't have any junk guns.

3. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Well, if you can scrape a couple up then it might be worth it. I might be able to get a couple more SF residents to handle that part of it. I think I know some Oaklanders too. If anything you could probably hook up with somebody on Calguns that can set you up. I'm trying to scrape together another couple of guns to bring.

4. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Make sure to use that money to buy more guns. ;)

5. racer_x

racer_x New Member

I dont have any I would let lose of (sears an all an western auto ) Bla 2 bills naaaaa ill pass.

6. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Of course I will! I turned up another one. One more to go! I have an old barrel with part of the receiver on it. I wonder if they will give me anything for that?

7. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

You should give them the gun, get the cash, in hand. Then tell them you're using the money to buy a better gun... Or more ammo!

8. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

Heck if I lived there I would think of selling my old Jennings J-22. It has a little sentimental value. But not $200 worth.

9. Blueguns

Blueguns New Member

I have a couple family member in S.F. that would've helped me out. Unfortunately I don't have any junk guns. I should've bought the one I saw at the local gun show that said "$50 Jap?".

10. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

I may just do that!

11. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

Detroit offered up one of those... IRC $50.

Several people parked outside the entrance with signs offering $100 CASH. Couple of guys scored some good stuff.

12. cjb762

cjb762 New Member

Baltimore had one today. $100.00 gift cards. Line was 500 people deep. No ID needed As many guns as you want. The only problem is they were recording serial numbers it took forever.

13. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

The results of gun buy backs is about numbers. Every gun brought in is a yes vote for these gun control activist. I would not vote yes for gun control and would never sell a vote.:(

14. texaswoodworker

I didn't know you could legally do that. I'd like to do that some day. :D

15. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Advertising and buying firearms in a public place for cash? You are pushing the Fedral Law on occasional purchase by an idividual farther than I would go.:eek:

16. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

Good idea guys. run their funds dry with junk guns!!!

17. texaswoodworker

If I did that, I wouldn't just pay the cash and get the gun in the parking lot. I'd make sure to have the gun checked out first, and then transferred through a FFL. If someone wasn't willing to do that, I'd pass on it.

18. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

If the guns were stolen, the police will show up looking to collect them. MI law requires all firearm purchases to be recorded and registered. No need to have an FFL involved. There were some great scores. If it was a junk firearm, they would pass.

19. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

I went and turned in 2 guns. They ran out of cash sometime during the day so they were issuing IOU's instead. There were some real clunkers there but also some nice hardware. I saw one gal who had an old 1911, didn't get a good look at it but the dude net to her talked her into leaving with it. They had people lined up and down the hallways (the Boy's Club is an old school building) facing each other so as the line moved you were talking to somebody new and showing what you were turning in. One dude had an old Uberti SA revolver in .357 magnum new in the box. A guy on the other side of the hall traded him the two rifles he was going to turn in and walked out with the Uberti. That would have been very tempting. Another guy had a Mac 10. Lots and lots of really decent firearms but also a lot more crap. If it was not illegal I would have made a bunch of killer deals.

So anyhow, it took a couple of hours waiting in line, but I made $400 on it. I am going to keep my eyes open for some more junkers to turn in the next time.

20. pizza_pablo

pizza_pablo New Member

I'd show up with money and be looking to offer $225 for good guns :D