saltwater coating protection for my guns...

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by james_black, Dec 4, 2009.

1. james_black

james_black New Member

If I decide to protect my guns with anti corrosive/ saltwater coating , what will that product be? Thanks in advance.

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Do you plan on Scuba Diving with your weapons? :eek:

Best in the business, in my opinion. I had this done to one of my 1911's and it runs like a champ now. Clean up is very easy and there is no wear on any parts.

Robar NP3 Firearms Finish

Over 240 hours of salt water spray resistant. That is pretty good for me and my uses.

3. james_black

james_black New Member

No sir. Lol. I have been considering moving closer to the coast. Wondering what kind of treatment I can apply to my guns if I do so. Thanks.

4. TXnorton

TXnorton New Member

James:

You do not need to do much more than to keep your guns cleaned and well oiled. If you keep your guns in an airconditioned environment, then you should be fine. If not, then you may want to increase the frequency of wiping them down with a preservative oil. You should clean and wipe down your gun after every outing in a marine evironment.

5. Rentacop

Rentacop Active Member

6. john_bud

john_bud New Member

The different finishes will protect the parts coated, but what about the little parts that can't be coated like springs, firing pin, etc?

I would just go with a quality protective spray like EEZOX and diligent cleaning. I use the EEZOX, but it does have a down side. The aroma is noticeable.