Sales commitment

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by wittmeba, Aug 20, 2013.

1. wittmeba

wittmeba New Member

Not sure where this belongs but I dont see a better place.

Im a bit surprised that there dont seem (in our area) to be dealers that want to earn ongoing business. Just bought an M&P 40 and will likely be buying an M&P 22 and Mossberg Tactical Camo semi-automatic rifle. But I dont find anyone who wants to negotiate a good deal. So my response is just go shop them all for the best price on the specifics. Ammo will just follow - I know its in turmoil right now but someday may stabilize.

I will be looking for a scope, mounts and who knows what else. I need another ammo box now.

What do you see in your area?

2. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Everything's still up for grabs, right now.

Very few folks at the LGSs want to

make much of a deal.

The one bright spot here in Tampa Bay is

BuyMilSurp.com, on Ulmerton Rd,

in Pinellas County. This guy

moves a lot of volume, has some incomparable

deals,and gives a discount for cash.

IMHO, most of these guys simply don't feel

at all motivated to work that great of a deal.

They're very busy, even in the off season, down

here(summer). The markup on guns is low, it's

accessories that make the long green.

3. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

Here In my area(N. Az) a short drive from Ruger's Az facility, you can NOT find any 10/22's or SR 22 rifles!! The Mossberg 715/718 are 5 deep in Big 5, Wally World is getting Centerfire AR's(Rock Islands & DPMS's) at almost normal prices...
    When I needed a new 22LR, I gave my old 10/22 to my wife and Bought a Mossberg 702(traditional stock but Black synthetic) and "tacticool-ed" it instead (Sling, Optic, Ext. Mags). came out cheaper then outfitting another 10/22....
    When I finally DID get a 10/22 a few months back I got the 22Mag....As for Ammo, when I don't see what I want in a store I head to the internet. I'm just not going to spend $40-$50 a box for handgun ammo....

Last edited: Aug 20, 2013