Saints Vs Colts

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Duddn, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Duddn

Duddn New Member

Not the super bowl I had hoped for, but the Saints are going to the super bowl for the first time so I am more than pleased:D:D:D

2. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Colts!!

Minnesota lost that game all by themselves. :(

3. MoHawk

MoHawk New Member

SAINTS!!!!! Bout time. I've had so many seasons where I was embarrased to be a fan (but still was) that this one will be refreshing. Should be a DIFFICULT game for BOTH teams

4. diggsbakes

diggsbakes New Member

Saints didn't win. Vikings lost. And with that many turnovers Saints should've blown 'em out, definitely not went into overtime. (In which they were given field position by a blown, non-existent pass interference call).

Saints defensive front can't get to Manning and their secondary can't cover everybody.

Colts 35-17

5. MoHawk

MoHawk New Member

6. diggsbakes

diggsbakes New Member

Uhhhhh... You think Peyton Manning and his extensive receiver core is only going to score ONE TOUCHDOWN????? Just to give you a better picture the Colts average 26 points/game and scored 37 yesterday against the top ranked defense. The Saints allow over 21 points/game, (ranked 20th) 357.8 total yards, (25th overall) and 235.6 pass ypg (26th overall).

Now the Saints are in a pretty slouchy division so 6 of their games were gimmes and they still are ranked in the bottom 1/3 in all defensive categories???

Now throw Peyton Manning in there, eating up the clock, keeping the Saints offense cold, defense tired and making throws all over the field and you think their going to score only 7???

Plus Peyton's been there. . . and won.:cool:

7. Jusselin

Jusselin New Member

I love my saints a lot, but that cowboys game just screwed them up, i am just looking forward to the game, payton manning is a respectable guy in my eyes, its gunna be fun to watch

8. MoHawk

MoHawk New Member

Should be the making of a pretty good football game then

9. Jusselin

Jusselin New Member

w3rd.......

10. Duddn

Duddn New Member

Their front four did a decent job of getting to Favre. Non the less it will be a very high scoring game, Peyton has Dallas Clark, Wayne, and Collie. Brees has Colston, Shockey, and Meacham.

41-37 SAINTS

11. MoHawk

MoHawk New Member

12. diggsbakes

diggsbakes New Member

High scoring on the Colts end. The Colt's D allows only 19 points per game, 8th in NFL. Granted the Saints offense is better than average, however over 40 points??? That prediction would be one of the highest scoring Super bowls in history!

Are you folks just messing around with strange fantasy or Madden 2010 game scores? Because if you knew anything about football you would understand that every aspect of the game is affected by match ups. The Saints defensive front averages 1 sack/game. And when they did get to Brett last night, he had already thrown the ball. Newsflash!!! Peyton Manning isn't 40 years old yet and he's got one of the most solid lines in the NFL.

Of course you can never really predict the weather. . . that's why they play the game.

13. MoHawk

MoHawk New Member

"any given sunday...."

14. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Favre should be personally credited with losing yesterday. I like the guy, but that was a boneheaded rookie mistake.

That said, I will have to root for the Saints for purely sentimental, not logical reasons. Their first Superbowl in forty years and that city could use a lift.

15. Jusselin

Jusselin New Member

same here man

16. wb_carpenter

wb_carpenter New Member

Better than "normal" they were ranked number 1 in the NFL for total yards and points scored during the regular season. I cant wait for the game and hope the saints show up playing like they did in Reg season or they are toast.
    Advantage colts Ill call it 34-28 :(

Regular season stats
    Saints offense NO.1 total yards and points
    Colts offense NO.7 for points and NO.9 for yards

Basically reverse that for the postseason

Last edited: Jan 26, 2010
  17. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Colts 34 Saints 21 :cool:

18. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

That swamp of a city needs to just sink and go away. I think that's the first time I've disagreed with you, CA....

I think the Colts will walk away with another one.

19. diggsbakes

diggsbakes New Member

Yeah that whole living below sea level thing they do has never really made sense to me???

20. suprdave

suprdave New Member

Have you ever been to Bourbon Street? If you had, you wouldn't say that! :rolleyes: