Saiga

Discussion in 'Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion' started by Josey Wales '94, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Josey Wales '94

Josey Wales '94 New Member

I want to know the pros and cons of a .308 saiga. How much better would a 22" be over a 16" barrel. I will only use it to about 100 to 200 yards. From what i have heard these firearms are reliable. Anybody with experience please tell me ALL you can about this gun. I'm going with a synthetic stock.

Thanks, JW

2. Josey Wales '94

Josey Wales '94 New Member

I bought it. 22" barrel. $499 from Gunbroker. Hope I'll be happy with it.

Thanks for the great help, JW

3. canebrake

canebrake New Member

4. JoshX3Magazine

JoshX3Magazine New Member

Man small world! I actually just bought a Saiga .308 myself. I went with the 16 inch barrel myself, because I plan to use mine for pig hunting in more brushy conditions so I figured it'd be a little more maneuverable.

We'll have to compare notes on accuracy and group size, etc for our mutual edification.

Pictures too...the forum will demand pictures.

Josh

5. Zacsquatch

Zacsquatch New Member

I was considering one after shooting a buddies but the mag issue was a big deal for me. Expensive and hard to find them up here at least. It was a fun shooter but I prefered a HK91 style platform. They are wicked easy to find parts and mags for. I do love how they are the diamond of the AK rifles, in any caliber offered.. thats amazing.