Saiga semi-conversion question

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by Garadex, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Garadex

Garadex New Member

If I bought an unconverted Saiga would it be possible to only replace the trigger and add a bullet guide? (I live in Commifornia and don't want a bullet button but want to be able to use AK-74 mags and have a better trigger)

2. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

Only if the mags are 10 rounds or less I believe, so no.

3. Garadex

Garadex New Member

This is not a question about legality I am just wondering if it is mechanically possible. Commiefornia we are allowed to have normal capacity magazines as long as they are disassembled. I do not plan on doing anything illegal.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2012
  4. sputnik1988

With the 5.45x39 model, you dont need a et guide to use hicaps. Not sure if the trigger would work without being moved forward.

5. Garadex

Garadex New Member

Okay one less thing to do when I get it. But does anybody know about the trigger thing?

Last edited: Jul 14, 2012
  6. sputnik1988

Let me clarify, I have been told on multiple occasions that the 5.45x39 Saiga doesn't need a bullet guide. I can't vouch for that personally.

What is wrong with the factory trigger?

7. Garadex

Garadex New Member

I haven't personally used it but I would just like to have a more custom feel to the gun. I may not change it depending on how it is but until then I'll plan on it.

8. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Nothing.

If you want to convert a Saiga hunting carbine to a traditional AK style, you have move the trigger forward to accomodate the pistol grip.

I bought my Saiga carbine because I prefer the stock's fit over the AK.

YMMV

9. chevyforlife1972nova

chevyforlife1972nova New Member

yes but once you do this you must be 922r compliant and you need a bullet button. Saiga's in 5.45 are hit or miss if they will work with or with out bullet guides 8 out of the 10 i have seen can work with out them tho