Saiga Availability

Discussion in 'Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion' started by notdku, Jan 29, 2014.

1. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

Is anyone else having issues with finding new Saiga-12's?

Are there any issues with importation right now with them?

2. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

I haven't been looking, so cannot be positive. Saw a .410 Saiga at the LGS. A GB search for "Saiga 12" just now returned 127 Firearms.

3. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

Yes, we are having problems in Europe too. That is why I ended up getting an Arsenal. The weapons dealer my LGS ordered the Ak from said they have not received a Saiga order in three years!!! The factory is going through a change right now too, to include a new name. They are not Izhmash anymore, but Kaleshnikov Concern. I honestly believe it is the factory. We do not have the import problems like the US. That is ok with me.. The Arsenal is actually higher quality.

4. JonM

JonM Moderator

Not that I'm aware of.

Might just be local demand

5. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

CNC warrior has them for $719.99.
    Just type what you're looking for into gunwatcher.

no offense and none taken
    BannedBackTogether@email.com

6. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

A Russian blessing to the people of Germany.

7. 1911love

1911love New Member

I remember just a few years ago when they were selling for $450. I wonder who is raising the price, the manufacturer, the distributor, the dealer, or all three? I still can't believe how much they go for.

I haven't noticed a shortage. What I have noticed though is that way more people are buying the Vepr 12.

8. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

They still can be had for $600+. As to who is raising the price, I'd say life is. All "ass salt" rifles never came down in price to where they were before the Obamic panic.

9. MaineMan

MaineMan New Member

I had no idea there was a demand for Saigs-12's ;)

10. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

In this area the 12 ga models are priced in the $800 range. About $600 more than they are worth. The price went up to pay for the Arsenal plant in the US. I have heard the line of BS the clerks feed potential customers saying the made in USA Saiga is machined, not stamped. I had a Russian 5.56x45 and a 308. They were decent shooters and they were reliable. I just never shot either gun very much. I sold both of them during the 3% chance of a gun law being passed craze after sandy hook.

11. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

US made Saiga is BS. It's a Kalashnikov trademark. Unless licensed to Arsenal which I've never heard of.