saiga 7.62x39 cost comparison

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by Pjj342, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Pjj342

Pjj342 New Member

I am planning to buy a new Saiga 7.62x39 sometime next month. I will be buying online so I wont be able to look before I pay. I have heard about century and IO, that you should really check out how its put together before buying it. So is there anything out there that i could TRUST will be built right and cost between 350 and 450? Which ak could I rely on, getting to my ffl the way it should be, for that price?

2. jhog

jhog New Member

Why do you want to buy a Saiga?

3. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

The Saigas are GTG. They are all built in Russia. My Saiga is my favorite AK.

4. Pjj342

Pjj342 New Member

what?

What do you think a po mo fo like my self is going to get new, for 425 dollars all together? Let me know what you would suggest for a first mbr in that price range.

5. jhog

jhog New Member

I don't know what the cost in PA but here in TX they are about the same. Cabelas had WASR10 rifles on sale for 350.00. If you go to a gunshow, you should be able to pick up an AK for the same price as a Saiga. I bought a Romanian Draco pistol for 405 .00 (drive out) and it shoots excellent. Nothing against Saiga cause I have one, haven't shot it yet so I don't know how it will function after I modded it. Just a pain to go though to convert it to reg. AK style or leave as is and pay high dollar for mags. Just sayin.