Saiga .410 Suggestions

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by Fudgo, May 25, 2011.

1. Fudgo

Fudgo New Member

Hello all,
    This is my first post on Firearms Talk and it seems that you folks really know what you're talking about in the shotties section :D

I have been doing some research into purchasing a Saiga .410, yet my search results are not yielding much in the accessories department. Is there somewhere I can go that may specialize in Saiga accessories (rails, foregrip, tac-mag release, magazine) that are decently priced and of good quality? Anything that I have found lacks reviews/ratings, and I don't want to take a shot in the dark and pick up some crap.

Thanks,
    Jon

2. Werminator

Werminator Member

If I may ask, why are you in the market for a .410? Is this a varmint gun or do you have another purpose? I only ask because I feel .410 is awfully limited when compared to say 20 ga or similiar loads...

3. Fudgo

Fudgo New Member

Why do you say that .410 is limited compared to 20ga?

4. Boyerracing343

Boyerracing343 New Member Supporter

410 ammo is a little more pricey than 20 gauge.

5. Fudgo

Fudgo New Member

Considering this fact, what are some other reasons I should consider a 20ga to a .410?

Edit: Also, what would be a good website to buy from?

Last edited: May 26, 2011
  6. Werminator

Werminator Member

Personally I have always felt the .410 lacks power, range, and versatility... With a 20 guage you get a little more boom when you pull the trigger without it being overwhelming to the shooter... Also, more shot means increased odds of successful shooting... I'm a bit of a glutton for punishment, I have only one shotgun right now and it is a 12 guage with magnum ready receiver...

7. Fudgo

Fudgo New Member

Thank you for the advice; I have decided on a 20ga instead. The 20k in particular interests me. What websites do you guys typically use to order your firearms?

8. Werminator

Werminator Member

Fudgo, I am glad you took my advice. I do not mean to imply the .410 is without any merit, I rather enjoy squirrel hunting with that particular caliber. It is a bit more of a challenge. I do, however, think the 20 guage is more of an all around caliber. I don't recall if either or both of these are legal to deer hunt with using slugs, but the 20 would have more take down power that the 410. 20 would be a bit more versatile and effective as a home defense weapon. More variety and value in ammunition. To me, I would rather start with the 20 and not have to work my way up or go home with a gun that may fall short of my hopes and expectations...

9. Fudgo

Fudgo New Member

It definitely does seem like a great gun to own as home defense, and you're right, I'd rather go for the middle ground than for the 12ga or .410, honestly. Thanks for the advice, all.