Saiga 12 for HD?

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by 97cobra, Jun 8, 2012.

1. 97cobra

97cobra New Member

Be been pondering the idea of a Saiga 12 with a 20 round drum for HD and for fun at the range. Would you recommend this? I'd like to hear the good and bad as that could be an expensive purchase.

2. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

If its a house I would not suggest it in an apartment. Nabbers might git kind of mad if you
    put a hole in there refrigerator. Or shoot them while there on the toilet. And consider putting rounds through your kids bedroom.

But really you got to worry about that stuff no mater what you use. But with a shotgun for hd I recommend a #4 load. Unless like I said you don't mind a lot of dry wall damage.

3. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Sounds like fun. I'd sh#t on myself if I kicked in your door and came face to muzzle with that. Lol

4. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

Don't forget to hip shoot and holler "say hello to my lil friend". Lol.

5. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

This immediately comes to mind.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmH-nutDcG4&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

6. oli700

oli700 New Member

If the length and weight doesn’t bother you in hall ways and around corners than there isn’t much that can top that much horse power in a room. 18 inch barrel and a 10 round box mag sounds like a good HD set up to me

7. 97cobra

97cobra New Member

I never thought about all that, but it is a house and #4 is what I'd be using.

Thats a good thing. Scared before anything actually happens.

That's too funny.

The sound coming down the hall is BA.

Doesn't bother me a lick. I'm probably going to have to look further into this price wise.

Thanks all for the advice. I appreciate it.

8. Oblivion9

Oblivion9 New Member

Good luck in court.

An AK looking shotgun with 20 round drum? You will have scared the average sheeple twice before even getting started.

Obviously, zombie time or end of the world, you're in great shape.

I love guns and I'd already be suspicious if on your jury, especially if it were due to secondary damage to innocents.

9. oli700

oli700 New Member

who cares about court, if your in the right your in the right, if your in the wrong your in the wrong. Shot dead is shot dead, dont care what your shooting if your in the scope of the law your good to go

10. Oblivion9

Oblivion9 New Member

You don't want to make a righteous shoot unrighteous. What indoor fair shooting are you going to need 20 rounds that can't be done with a mag change?

And there is no way that gun handles close combat with a drum. As well as with a mag.

Not saying live your life worried about court but ask that dumbass in Florida if he might have done some things to hurt his chances in court?

And obviously YMMV, I was just pointing out how I would see it as a juror and I'm educated about guns.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2012
  11. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

#4 Birdshot? How dopey. This pic is 12 ga. at three (3) feet!

Attached Files:

12. oli700

oli700 New Member

that would suck having all those picked out of an ass cheek

13. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

Personally I keep mine loaded with pdx1 for hd.

14. MikeJK

MikeJK New Member

I'd skip on the drum. Weight is always something to consider.

15. jakebrake

jakebrake New Member

plus, if you do need to use it for a righteous shoot, imagine the field day the local d.a. (such as i have in bucks county pa) will have when they see that.

16. MikeJK

MikeJK New Member

Can someone explain what difference the type of firearm makes in a legal defensive shooting?

17. jakebrake

jakebrake New Member

the bonehead d.a. we have will call it an "assault shotgun".

he assumes every trigger is 1.5. pounds. and the legal gun owner is always guilty

18. MikeJK

MikeJK New Member

And? Does the firearm used somehow change written law?

If someone enters my home w/o permission am I limited to using a musket?

19. 97cobra

97cobra New Member

They are right about the d.a but as far as the jury that wouldn't make sense. How could me having an "assault shotgun" make any difference as far as who is right ad who is wrong? It wouldn't. If someone breaks into my house and means me harm it wouldn't matter what I used.

That's why we have the castle doctrine. Doesn't matter what weapon is used if its in your own home.

And like others have said, makes for a good zombie gun.

I wouldn't plan on using a full 20 rounds on someone and realistically probably wouldn't use a drum at all because of the weight.

20. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

I read this junk on the internet all the time and presume it is by traditionalists who eschew black guns and tacticool. But when asked to cite a case where this issue has ever actually been, well, an issue, they never can and still won't here: watch.

Hey guys, can you cite one case where the style of arm used had any bearing on the arrest, indictment, conviction and/or sentencing of an individual in a defensive shooting!?